20 inch rims

DONT WANNA ROAST YOU, BUT THESE ARE PERFORMANCE CARS IF YOUR GONNA DO THAT YOU SHOULDA JUST GOT A PLAIN JANE REGAL

it is illegal to street race in all 50 states so why can't i throw 20's on to drive to and from work in style.

I agree with 87grandnat. These cars deserve better than 20's. Every beaten up old regal running around here has 20's and some sort of ugly paint job. I've seen some guys with 16 and 17's that look good. I think 20's are just too big for these cars. Get a nice set of draglites and throw some dr's on them.

Not sure of the offset. You could probably find it on www.gnttype.org

Originally posted by roderick
does any one know if we can put 20 inch rims on our cars .

There is a GN I see around here in the summertime with 20" spokes. Not my cup of tea, but I've seen worse. It beats an orange CRX with a white plastic bodykit and hubcaps anyday!

20'S

I swear there are always a few people that know how to ruin everything! Why dont you install a noce wing on the back while your at it!

If you want to turn the car to crap with 20's, make sure you add Dookey Ride too...aka air ride. To complete the "Style Transformation":rolleyes: I was thinking about putting the GN body on a K5 chassis so I can roll hard on 26's!:D

It's you car so have fun with it man.

Hay brother slap the dubbs and go coasting last I took a look see we's in Amarerickka dont play the chump n listenin to thoes other cats you likein umm u ride umm,stay low n watch out fer the man PEEEEECA OUT. LATER. FUNK SOUL BROTHER.

Don't do it Man. 15, 16, or 17's only. I don't get this whole huge wheel craze. To each his own, but I think it looks silly. I always cringe when I see a GN with some stupid looking wheels on it.

Good luck

Look I know alot of people have there opinion, and that's cool. I have a set of 20inch Torque Thrust II's with 4inch backspacing, and they fit perfectly under the wheel well. I just have them on for riding around town and maybe go to a car show. I'll try to get some pics next week if your interested. It's not outrageous looking either!!

By the way: P245/45ZR20 on the fronts and P275/30ZR20 on the rear.

Originally posted by RUBRMAN

By the way: P245/45ZR20 on the fronts and P275/30ZR20 on the rear.

My math says that your front tires are over 2 inches taller overall than your rear tires - true or typo? :confused:

Kris

Yes you can put 20s on your car......and do it if you want, its your car. One of these days Im doing 17s and 18s on my GN.

Typo, sorry about that. You made me go out in my garage to actually look. It's like 3* out there, anyway P245/35ZR20 and P275/35ZR20.

Yes they fit. Have seen some cars here in St. Louis with them. There is a Monte Carlo w/ 21" wheels here also and they fit perfect. It's all about the offset and the condition of your suspension. IMO if you can afford them and you find a wheel you like go for it. I would. I'm tired of seeing cars look exactly the same with the same drag stars, etc, etc. And wtf about our cars being performance cars....you cant have big rims... that doesnt make sense. Most performance cars nowadays come with big rims. the only thing you have to take into acct is the condition of the roads where you live. If there are alot of pot holes and rough roads i would stick with 18's. Dont' let all these old timers [who are set in there ways] scare you off...the key is the look of the rim. I've seen alot of ugly 20's but then again i've seen alot of ugly 15s, 16s, 17s, 18s,......... Just my .02

It is your car. You like the rims, then put them on. I don't know how some of these guys can say you are destorying the car. No one comments when people change turbo, injectors etc, and some purist may feel they are ruining the originality. In the end the goal should be to keep these great cars on the road and if 20" rims, or stickers, or 4 foot wings is your style then do it. The person paying for the car decides what to do with it, no one else.