200-4r B&M Pro Stick

charliep

Has anyone used a B&M Pro Stick on the 200-4R? I have an Olds Cutlass with a console very similar to a GN. The neutral safety switch and reverse lights are run from a linkage rod going to the steering column. The B&M directions say to eliminate all that and use their switch located in the shifter. It looks like I can mount the supplied B&M bracket then put the original steering rod bracket over it to keep the function of the neutral safety switch in tact. Any comments???

Thanks

Charlie

that should work im getting in to doing this on my 442 in the next week or so, so if you dont have it done by then ill let you know how it turns out. one thing i found thats not a bad idea if this way dosnt work is http://spdrcer34.20megsfree.com/photo5.html this is not my work i just found it and thought if my way didint work this wasnt a bad idea and probably is how i will go.

Good ideas. I'll be putting the trans in my kids car this weekend and will try to get some pictures. I also found this. You can see they drilled a hole in the bottom for the B&M cable but still have the column rod.......

Attachments

• trans.jpg
    trans.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 159
Update. I took the supplied bracket from B&M then welded the stock bracket on top. Bolted both brackets together. I was then able to use the B&M shifter and still have the column neutral safety and backup lights work. It was really quite easy I don't understand whay B&M wouldn't suggest it in their literature.

We had a problem in the beginning but I think we got it solved. Put the trans in with the new shifter and all we have is first and reverse. The battery was pretty low from sitting so we decided to go home and call the transmission builder on monday. After reading some posts I realized that maybe the TV valve was hanging up. So the next morning with the battery charged we started the car and I pulled in/out on the TV cable. Something loosened up and it felt different. Put it on the carb and Tim took it around the block. Everytnik feels great. Whew!!!!!!! We were real worried.......Shifts real firm. Actually it's a bit hard downshifting from 2-1. But I guess it it upshifts firm it's going to downshift firm??? Anyway Tim called me last night and said we have to soften the trans. I asked him what he means. He say when he got on it it shifted into 2nd so hard that it broke the tires loose. I'm like that's what it's supposed to do dummy........Kids>>>>>

LOL...mine breaks the tires loose as well in 1-2. He's not used to it, but he'll get the hang of it.

soften the trans lol :D