200 4r --ID AGAIN but with a difference

gecko

Hi all .
I see McHaggis has 3x 200-4r`s in New Zealand and I have the remaining 2 .One is on an 86 cadillac with the olds 307.

The other has just come to me with NO TAG:eek:
With that avenue closed , I have found RHS above pan rail several numbers stamped into the casing. 48H471619. Are these numbers which I can use to ID the trans ??:confused:
your help here would be appreciated

thanks guys
mike

Well that number you posted is the rear end of the vin number. You might be able to id it if you have a DMV official or a police officer run the numbers to see what that vin belonged to. Might not get you engine info but you can see if it was an olds or caddy or whatever. Otherwise, pull the pan and look for markings on the valve body. Also give us the casting number off the servo cover on the passenger side. Might clue us in there. I don't believe that the case was stamped with the calibration code anywhere but the little tag. How many wires are actually in the 4 pin wiring on the drivers side? Is it universal bellhousing or BOP only? Pulling the pan and getting info off the valve body is your best bet for accurate info, but if it happens to have a "694" servo cover and a 4 pin wiring connector.....

If you pull the pan there may be a painted code on the valve body,this would help in identifying

You need to recheck those numbers. You either left one out or the "8" is supposed to be a "B". By the ending digits of that vin I show that its a 78 model year which is impossible for a 200-4r. IF it's actually a "B" then it's a 1981 model year, which I "think" was the very first year that anything got a 200-4r. G bodies didnt get them till 83-84 but others might have got them sooner. The wildcard here is if you missed a digit or if export numbers were entirely different (very possible).

tx ineedagn n otto,
Bought it as a rebuilder/spares or what ever and have I got a bargain.!! Took the intermediate servo cover off -(-no numbers on this) but the bonus is that the pale blue spring inside has multiplied to 3 springs. 2 for free.:eek:
Number on back of piston? is 7
General or specific to a model?

The trans case is flat between its ears with a no. 13 in raised 1.5 " lettering .
Mid point on the casing and off the ridgeline ,either side , is the number 7-same sized 1.5" lettering.

Getting dark out there now so will pull the pan tomorrow to look for numbers.
The numbers I posted ,under the pan rail were correct.
I have just had a terrible thought --no not that bad , she hasn`t returned . The thought is----I wonder if this trans is the th200 4r`s predecessor ??Advertised as a th2004r but that means v. little around here.I will compare with the one under the cady 2moro.
Again , thankyou guys
mike

They made a TH 200C or something.... it was a 3 speed.... not sure if it "looks" anything like the 2004R's that come in the turbo regals or not.....