200-4R trans for sale? (Maybe)

Geoff87

Administrator
Staff member
For use with a non-L/U converter. I cannot use this with my PTS 9/11 L/U converter.

Quote from the seller:

"10 second capable transmissions built by Jim Cambell, the same builder that builds tranies for Terry Houston- 8.5's @164, Ray Royer- 8.0's @174, Paul Ferry's, and Manny Eckers 10 second cars and Frank "Ski" Wilshinski, 8.8's with his 400 and 9.6's with this exact build 200 4R. These transmissions are prepped the same as Ski's and will go 12's or 10's or 9's and live. Has 4 passes since built."

According to the seller, it was also checked out by Jim Campbell before being shipped to me.

$1300 Outright.

If you're interested, or have any questions call me.

Can't you just get a proper lockup valve and then use that tranny?

Hey Geoff I spoke to Paul and said to could change the pump and put back the lock-up valve.

Originally posted by c&cgn
Can't you just get a proper lockup valve and then use that tranny?

Sorry Clayton, but I am trans-illiterate. :( :p Bring a new trans on your next visit! :D

Jackson, thanks for checking w/Paul. :)

Originally posted by Geoff87
Sorry Clayton, but I am trans-illiterate. :( :p Bring a new trans on your next visit! :D

Jackson, thanks for checking w/Paul. :)

Actually, just booked it tonight!:D :D

See ya in December! Lemme know if you really want me to bring a tranny in my carry-on ;)

Geoff, the lock up valve can be changed with out taking out the pump. Just drop the pan and look toward the front of the trans, under the pump there is a snap ring "internal" about 1/2" in dia and cover. Take out both with the valve and plug. Take out the one from your original and replace. Should work if this was how it was modified.

Clayton- Let me know if you outgrow your '52 by Dec. :D

Dean- Thanks!

Clayton- Let me know if you outgrow your '52 by Dec. :D

Funny you should mention it :D I am remotely considering upgrading to a TE45 that a fellow club member has for sale. I could always put a turbo in my carry-on! What the hell, it worked last year! :D

O-ring goes on the shaft that sticks out the most, should have a groove at the tip.

Thanks Dean.

Clayton- I haven't even tried the '49 yet. :p

Took out the trans tonight.

No o-ring on the input shaft.

Lockup valve would NOT come out.

Looks like the pump will have to be removed after all. :(

Thanks Dean.

Clayton- I haven't even tried the '49 yet. :p

Took out the trans tonight.

No o-ring on the input shaft.

Lockup valve would NOT come out.

Looks like the pump will have to be removed after all. :(

So put the 49 on the 85 and the 52 can go on the 87 ;) :D

Good luck with the tranny. Hopefully you can get it all sorted out soon.

So put the 49 on the 85 and the 52 can go on the 87 ;) :D

Good luck with the tranny. Hopefully you can get it all sorted out soon.

:D Too much turbo for me! (For now anyway....;))

Guys- Help me decide....

As previously posted, the trans that I bought is a non-lockup. :mad:

After talking on the phone to Bruce today, I got the impression that in my situation, it's not so easy to convert the trans back to a lock-up unit. (The pump will have to be removed, etc.)

An option he suggested was to order a non-lockup converter for $235. He says that I probably wouldn't even be able to tell the difference. (This is not really an option for me, as I'd rather run a lock-up trans.)

I've ordered a shift kit and some other upgrades for another trans (with another stock D-5) that I have, so that I can get the car going again in the meantime.

Should I....

Send the non-lockup to Bruce to modify back to lock-up?

OR

Sell the non-lock-up and send my original trans for a "Killer-Street" rebuild? :confused:

OR??

Opinions are appreciated. :)

Re: Guys- Help me decide....

Sell the non-lock-up and send my original trans for a "Killer-Street" rebuild? :confused:

. :)
I would do this "OR" keep the non-lock-up and sell me the 9/11:D

If he says you wouldn't be able to tell the difference, then I'd buy the new TC. Is this tranny thing in the air?? I was working and will still be tomorrow on mine. pulled the vigilante out, and put in the orange stripe. Still trying to ID the VB. Never ending:D

Still in the air-as far as my options go, that is....

Car is STILL in the air. lol. :D

Let me know if you want to borrow a trans jack. I have a BIG & heavy one. Makes trans swapping a breeze. :)

Thanks Geoff, I
might have to take you up on that offer. The car should be running tomorrow with the orange stripe. Probably do some tests at the track if all goes well. Good luck with your delema.

Re: Guys- Help me decide....

As previously posted, the trans that I bought is a non-lockup. :mad:

After talking on the phone to Bruce today, I got the impression that in my situation, it's not so easy to convert the trans back to a lock-up unit. (The pump will have to be removed, etc.)

An option he suggested was to order a non-lockup converter for $235. He says that I probably wouldn't even be able to tell the difference. (This is not really an option for me, as I'd rather run a lock-up trans.)

I've ordered a shift kit and some other upgrades for another trans (with another stock D-5) that I have, so that I can get the car going again in the meantime.

Should I....

Send the non-lockup to Bruce to modify back to lock-up?

OR

OR??

Opinions are appreciated. :)

Geoff, are there no reasonable tranny shops there that you could take it to and have them pull the pump and swap the valves? There are alot of TR's in Hawaii, at least a few of them must have had to go to one of the local tranny shops for rebuilds.

Personally, I would prefer to have a l/u tranny rather than non l/u, especially for the street. If you can't get the tranny done locally then I would definately consider selling the non-l/u tranny and getting a "Killer Street" or maybe and "Econo Killer Street" because you probably don't need the billet input shaft and billet drum.

Hopefully you get it all sorted out before December, but if for some reason you don't, you can always have parts sent to me and I can bring them over for you to save some shipping.

Re: Re: Guys- Help me decide....

Geoff, are there no reasonable tranny shops there that you could take it to and have them pull the pump and swap the valves? There are alot of TR's in Hawaii, at least a few of them must have had to go to one of the local tranny shops for rebuilds.

I really don't know. :confused: I'm still not too clear on what needs to be done. I'd just hate to contaminate a rebuilt trans & new 9/11 converter, because someone didn't do the conversion right.

Originally posted by c&cgn Personally, I would prefer to have a l/u tranny rather than non l/u, especially for the street. If you can't get the tranny done locally then I would definately consider selling the non-l/u tranny and getting a "Killer Street" or maybe and "Econo Killer Street" because you probably don't need the billet input shaft and billet drum.
I've never driven a TR without a L/U so I'm just going by what others tell me, and from what I've read on the board. So I'd rather stick with a lock-up. Besides, I'm like to see what it feels like when you lockup the converter at the track. :D Maybe you're right in regards to the Econo-Killer. We'll see... :cool:

Originally posted by c&cgn Hopefully you get it all sorted out before December, but if for some reason you don't, you can always have parts sent to me and I can bring them over for you to save some shipping.

Thanks! I appreciate that!