2000 twin turbo 6spd LS1 Firehawk runs some 10.0's @ over 140mph! **Videos**

Wow you guys are a tough crowd! Guess nobody 'cept for me likes twin turbo LS1 F-bodies....

LS1 this

Jack Cotton goes 9.40's at over 145 w/ 100 less cubic inches, and 1 turbo!
I guess the "impressive" part of the f body is the trans lasted a whole run.. But then maybe it didn't, and it was on a "lo 9", and was all done at the 1000' mark!hehheh!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

Take it easy Chuck or you might need a nitrous pill!

Originally posted by Chuck Leeper
Jack Cotton goes 9.40's at over 145 w/ 100 less cubic inches, and 1 turbo!
I guess the "impressive" part of the f body is the trans lasted a whole run.. But then maybe it didn't, and it was on a "lo 9", and was all done at the 1000' mark!hehheh!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

Yes but Jack Cotton has a Stage II motor and this is a stock block stock displacement (346ci) LS1 so IMO it is pretty impressive....

Glad I'm not the only one who likes turbo LS1 F-bodies:)

I like these kind of videos with some true drag racing action instead of the usual street racing crap you see all over the 'net and as much as I love TRs there are other cars that I find impressive and like:cool:

John, you got it wrong.... You are the man!:D :)

Later.

That's a friend of mine, his name is Matt Harlan. His car is the same one in the video that makes its rounds where he is taking on a bike on the highway.

AFAIK, his car is torn down currently, but I have a feeling that when it comes back, it will be an even more impressive street car.

Steve,

Nice Video, i have to say you are giving ACME a run for his money with your video finds. ;)

Originally posted by njturbo
Steve,

Nice Video, i have to say you are giving ACME a run for his money with your video finds. ;)

Thanks!:) I'm trying my best to compete with ACME, but he has the experience factor going for him;) :D

Jason, got any details you can share on his build-up plans?
If so please do:cool:

Originally posted by 86brick
Jason, got any details you can share on his build-up plans?
If so please do:cool:

I wish I had some. I don't see Harlan too often, maybe once every 4-6 months. If I find anything out I will let you know.

I have seen his car run a few times at the track (when it was running) and I hung out at a street race or two when he was running his car. The thing screams.

Re: Take it easy Chuck or you might need a nitrous pill!

Originally posted by 86brick
Yes but Jack Cotton has a Stage II motor and this is a stock block stock displacement (346ci) LS1 so IMO it is pretty impressive....

Glad I'm not the only one who likes turbo LS1 F-bodies:)

I like these kind of videos with some true drag racing action instead of the usual street racing crap you see all over the 'net and as much as I love TRs there are other cars that I find impressive and like:cool:

John, you got it wrong.... You are the man!:D :)

Later.

Doesn't Harlen have a 6 speed?

Also what kind of gas were the two cars running.

Does Jack have a FAST system on his car?

These twin turbo kit's have such small housings -- it's terrible trying to fit them in there. They are not as efficient as that big nice one on Jack's car. Two is not necessarily better than one.

Jon
Home of the 9sec F-Bodies

Re: Re: Take it easy Chuck or you might need a nitrous pill!

Originally posted by jon_we4
Doesn't Harlen have a 6 speed?

Also what kind of gas were the two cars running.

Does Jack have a FAST system on his car?

These twin turbo kit's have such small housings -- it's terrible trying to fit them in there. They are not as efficient as that big nice one on Jack's car. Two is not necessarily better than one.

Jon
Home of the 9sec F-Bodies

Yes Harlan has a 6spd, I'm sure Jack was running some C16 race gas (not sure if Harlan ran those times on pump gas or not), and as far as I know Jack does use a FAST system (don't know what Harlan has, but I think he just uses LS1 Edit)....

Both cars are impressive IMO, but in different ways!

Just the way I see it:cool:

LS1edit wont do jack when 50lb injectors are maxxed out ;)

I thought Rob Raymer ran 9.9x @136+mph with 50lb injectors with the Ed Wright/LS1 Edit chip programming:confused: Guess they would be maxed even though there are 8 injectors versus our 6?

Rob has the FAST setup now (as his website says)

it has to do with boost levels... 50#'s wont do 18psi (depending on the engine setup) .... say with a built LS1 (equivilent to a stage 2 setup)

Jack is running alot more boost than any LS1 PCM could work with

Just so you know I think Jack's setup is great too

I just wanted to make sure all the LS1 haters played fair and compared apples to apples

:cool:

Just so you know I think Jack's setup is great too

I just wanted to make sure all the LS1 haters played fair and compared apples to apples

:cool:

LS1 haters like that old fart?;)

Chuck knows how to play fair, but he doesn't want to at his age:p