2003 Cobra Moving tonight

Rollin

A buddy's 2003 Cobra was flying tonight... many props. Its an unopened motor just bolt ons. On street tires it layed down a 11.46 @ 126:eek: Yup! Gonna try to put one in the garage this summer:cool:

:eek: 126 mph :eek:

That rules. I am poor and will never own one, but that rocks.

Tell me do these cars come with decent headers from the factory, or are they a bottleneck? You know how ours are good to mid tens, just wondering if the Cobras are good that far

we have seen 410rwhp out of just an air filter

filter, 6lb lower pulley, chip, headers/exhaust = 465HP

not bad eh?

Jon

DAMMMMMM:eek: I NEED one of those!!!! time for a change...maybe this will be the next GN :D

also forgot

its going to be kenne bell twin screw supercharger soon for that cobra!

in some years these supercharged lightnings and cobras will be super popular -- hopfully not as expensive either! I'd love to drive around in a lightning if I can get one for 15k

Jon
Speed Inc

Originally posted by jon_we4

in some years these supercharged lightnings and cobras will be super popular -- hopfully not as expensive either! I'd love to drive around in a lightning if I can get one for 15k

Jon
Speed Inc

I would rather have one now while they are undcer warranty. I am not convinced the engine will last at those rediculous power levels. I guess the Lightning engines have been staying together, but they are milder and are 5.4's right?

SVT MUSTANG

If anyone wants one, the 2003/2004 units will be the last until 2006...so you've got 12 months.

The 2005 re-designed Mustang comes out early exactly 1 year from now, on the 40th anniversary of the first Mustang's release as a 64 1/2...but no Cobra at first.

SVT does plan resuming Cobra production in 2006, likely with with more cubes & the PowerCooler intercooler...trying to go head-to-head with the new C-6 Z-06 for 2006, expected to have 450hp.

HTH :)

Originally posted by Rollin
A buddy's 2003 Cobra was flying tonight... many props. Its an unopened motor just bolt ons. On street tires it layed down a 11.46 @ 126:eek: Yup! Gonna try to put one in the garage this summer:cool:
The fact still remains, it's still a F*rd. And for how much $$$$?? I'll pass.

Re: Re: 2003 Cobra Moving tonight

Originally posted by TT/A1233
The fact still remains, it's still a F*rd. And for how much $$$$?? I'll pass.

You know, I'm NOT slamming the TR's coz I've had two of them and will probably buy another before it's all said and done, but how can anyone argue with 400hp from the factory? I've also had an SVT Cobra (a 97) and it was a damn nice car. Sure the TR's can be made to be faster, but the Cobra is an all in one package straight from the factory with very little to complain about. All that and reliability too. No stupid "if the VOLT light bulb goes out on the dash the damn car won't charge" sh*t. No flaky fuel gauges, no sloppy handling, no quirky EFI, no: "One day it runs like a bat-out-o'hell and the next won't get out of it's own way.

The 97 I had ran great...every time, and was a ball to drive. No, it wasn't as quick as my heavily modified 86 T, but look at what I had to do to get that T in that kinda shape. The 03 Cobra is an awesome car. We should give respect where it is due. Ford did it right this time...as with the Lightening.

My friendly 2 cents :)

Mike
~~~~~~~~~~

Yup, it's got all those ponies but it doesn't change the fact it's a Ferd. My wife had a Mustang and it felt like I was sitting in a go-cart. Very poor seating position, almost like the dash was forehead height. From what I hear a stock supercharged V-8 Cobra runs high 12's. Hmmm...so does my slightly modded (3 total) V-6 T/A :D.

The times I've driven a Mustang (other than the '66 I had) I just didn't feel comfortable in the seat either. Just too high, or something, I don't know. I'd love to have one of these to get used to it though. Seems like it could be a lot of fun to rebadge it as a GT, bumper covers etc. Whatever. The "anti-rice" approach: make it looks *slower* than it really is.

I drove an 03 Friday. I was sitting VERY high. It was not comfy at all. Seat was all the way back and down. I'm 6'4"..not a tall guys car.

I saw three Cobras at the track this past weekend. I know they had aftermarket exhausts and they were launching pretty good(1.80 60's) All three ran 12.70 -12.90s@110. I am not sure if they had pulleys or not. How much boost was the guy who ran 11.40 at 126?

I don't think the warranty will be a problem. It looks like an Iron block with all forged internals is going to hold together.