2004R Upgrades - Servo Install Issues

I don't understand why "they" push the 13 vane pump . The 7 has more volume . Running Flowmasters and headers , who can hear pump buzz ? :D
I went with stock 7. I did swap in hard rings and a stiffer sonnax slide spring. As fast as it spins I can't see it having too much pulse to it, but I'm not an expert.

Seems to make sense that one might need a larger vane count but gm spent millions developing it and it got 7. I guess that after market needs to make a living so they sell what they can.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Are you using a rubber tipped blow gun? I got a cheap kit at hf with that attachment among others. Mine locks down with air and spins with out.
How much are you pushing the servo in. Shouldn't take much (.060" or so is what mine is) according to Mr Husek though he sez it is different depending on the band material. Needs set up tight for a good shift according to the gurus. I put it together with out springs n seals to get a measurement. Adjusted the pin length and then assembled with needed parts.

Ok, I think I probably trimmed it a bit too much. All the other Ports seem to check out for the clutches, so I'll get a new pin and retry. What would've happened if I left it that way? Would it not shift into third?

Might have trimmed too much. I would disassemble and put the pin and pistons in w/o the springs n seals and put the retaining ring in. Then push the piston in all the way and using a feeler gauge get some measurement between the ring and piston. Shouldn't be much. But it does need some or the band will burn.

You can weld the pin tip to get it back longer. They file/grind it back to get where you want. Just hit it with a spot from a wire feed/mig.

I would think it wouldn't have a second as the band clamping the drum is second gear. The clutches inside that drum are the direct or third gear clutches. Those also need tight clearance for a crisp shift. I put the raybestos stage 1 red clutches in for third.

Ok, I wasn't sure if it was recommended to weld on to the end or not. I'll give that a shot before getting a new one.

I've seen those extendo pins that fit on the end too. But that seems like a pain to work with.

Thank you!

Ok, yeah, I've seen that before. I think the issue I had was it was hanging up and I didn't want to get too medieval on it. It's obvious I'm not versed in automatic transmissions and trying to go in with kid gloves. I'm ok with some mistakes if I'm learning how everything works.

Hopefully you're ok with me fumbling through this....

Upside, if it doesn't work you know how to take it back apart and see what's wrong.

Finally got everything straightened out. The pin was too short so I welded a nub on the end, trimmed it down a little and now when I shoot air in there it locks up real nice! Thanks for all the help.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Tapatalk