2004r

my406cid

Hello there all.i have a ? about a replacement intermediate shaft in the 200.I just broke the shaft in my trans and was going to get the art carr heat treated replacement part.anyone use this part with great success? the trans is apart and i just would like some input.thanks to all that reply.

The forward drum is one of those parts that will fail with a shift kit or live under a life of 9 sceond runs. Way too much work to not install one once its apart. I always put one in a trans I do.

how much power you putting out ??

Like Grumpy says, depends how much power your making, what converter your using, and firmness of the shifts. If you never want it to break get the billet shaft forward drum from either Bruce at PTS or Chris at CK Performance. I did use an Art Carr hardened one years ago and I did manage to break it but I was making a lot of power and the trans shifted extremely hard. JMHO.

Both are excellent pieces. I stock both the Art Carr and my new line of quality billet forward drums. Both are reasonably priced. PM Sent

I have seen at least 20 or so stock drums fail in stock wagons/G-bodies with the Olds 307's in them. The stock units can fail at any time and some have had luck with them lasting in 11 second cars. My brother in law's 200 has the old Art Carr hardened in it for the last 7 years and when I freshened it up a few weeks back, it still looked great. No signs of twisting like some of the stock ones I have seen. My builds usually get the PTS or CK billet and don't worry. Great products. :)

Like Grumpy says, depends how much power your making, what converter your using, and firmness of the shifts. If you never want it to break get the billet shaft forward drum from either Bruce at PTS or Chris at CK Performance. I did use an Art Carr hardened one years ago and I did manage to break it but I was making a lot of power and the trans shifted extremely hard. JMHO.

I stopped posting a while back..

because smart mouthed little kids continue to show their ignorance.
and once again they surface!

Ignorance?

Why don't you call Rob up and ask him who used to make Bruce's parts?

Call Bruce and ask him.

I have a very good idea what's going on in the market because I build these transmissions for a living and buy the parts.

If you are going to post erroneous information and then get offended when you get called on it, you shouldn't post.

Many of the other vendors here on the forum can also verify the information.

Does Bruce even have a CNC machine?