2005 GTO hunts the hunter....lol

Originally posted by TommyV8
04 GTO = LS1, mid-high 13's
05 GTO = LS2, low-mid 13's
Nice kill on the 05!:)
That's a good "average" but there are '04's that are running 13.1-13.3 bone stock. '05's should be running high 12's with a good driver and some track prep.

The two I saw today were running 13.6@106-107 with 2.3-2.4 short times. Traction was none existent today. That alone tells me that they are easily 13.0 cars. The quicker of the two only had 700 miles on it also. More with break in :)

One of the guys at Mokan Dragway has been running a pure stock 05 goat with drag radials for the last 3 test and tunes and is running consistent 12.80s. Best stock 04 I've personnally watched ran a 13.7 with a 2.11 60 foot. It was silver. The 05 is black and is pretty sharp.

Best stock times I've seen so far:

13.1x for an '04. Couple of cars out this way have run that completely bone stock. Mine wasn't one of them but I ran 13.2 with just a cone filter :)

12.9x for a '05. That was completely bone stock. Tires are the big problem with the low end torque of the LS2. More will run that once they start hitting the tracks this year. I'm sure some will be faster but so far, that 12.8x on drag radials is the fastest I've seen on the boards.

the new GTOs- even though they arent a TRUE american car- they are pretty sweet- i love banging the gears one them when one comes in for service at work- the only set back would be the independant rear- a guy came in complaining of some noise so we took it out and whaled on it a bit and it wheel hopped to no end

when somone says it only makes the noise under "heavey acceloration" then you cant baby it.

Well probably one of the sickest sleeper cars I have ever seen at the track in all the years I have been going was a very stock looking 04 blue chrome rims and all. Sounded good when it was pulling to the line like it might have a nice exhaust system or something. Well then it proceeded to rip off a 10.4 time slip I was shocked. Turns out he has a BIG stroker small block with a massive NOS but hey stock ext, stock int and runs low 10's on DR's got to love that. The guy that has the shop next to ours has a 04 purple 6 speed and was bugging me to run the last several months I had the car down. He has run a low 13 at the track (stock but he's a good driver). I just got it running and made a few runs down the street next to the shop and he is now having major 2nd thoughts. :) But hey, he is bone stock and welllllll ummm I'm not exactly so what do you expect. If I were to buy a brand new performance car a 05 Silver 6.0 liter would be the top of my list.

Originally posted by ajt86
the new GTOs- even though they arent a TRUE american car- they are pretty sweet- i love banging the gears one them when one comes in for service at work- the only set back would be the independant rear- a guy came in complaining of some noise so we took it out and whaled on it a bit and it wheel hopped to no end

And people wonder why I will never let a dealership touch my car... :rolleyes:

Originally posted by NJVetteGuy
Good kill, but don't expect all GTOs to be slugs. My friend's turboed '04 just ran 11.23@122 over the weekend(Link to thread ). I went 13.5 bone stock on stock tires with my '04(yes I have the slip to prove it, backed up by 2 13.61s), just waiting for the track to open to test my new cam/big converter combo.

I too can't wait to take mine to the track...maybe I'll let the wife take a crack at it! :D