2007 Buick West Coast Nationals!

update

well i cant believe i havent been on the board all day. anyways i got some great news. the beast is alive it fired right up. Got the cam Broken in. Car sounds very healthy. the car just seems much lounder now for some reason. broke the cam in at 930pm and the neighbors didnt even come out to see whats up. (i love my neighbors) anyways Lee i also picked the rims up today thank you very much i O you one. Anyways back to my car worked on it all day got the cam broken in and i have 2 small leaks. one is around the booster plate but i want to look at that one more its not driping but its wet and the other is the PCV valve hole. i put a breather on the PCV and that thing was driping oil like a SOB. o well easy fix. anyways here are 2 pictures. i have to show off my valve cover i like them alot. anyways i still got alot of clean up i have to do on it and all that good stuff but she runs. not tranny leaks on the new cooler and lines so im happy there. i still have some painting to do as well but it will get done soon. anyways

Attachments

• DSCF0442.JPG
    DSCF0442.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 189
  • DSCF0436.JPG
    DSCF0436.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 192
Nick are we going to be able to get the gates open between 2pm-3pm on friday so we can get setup and get the cars in? just trying to find out so we can make plans. i know you said we will get locked in but thats cool just trying to figure out what time i need to be there.

brent

The track manager was very busy with a race program today, but will call him next week to firm up Friday parking schedule.

On a lighter note, he came up to me near the end of the race program after I ran a couple "unscheduled" 9 sec. passes [no fire suit or safety net in place] and said my car was disqualified from the track?:confused:

When I said why, he replied "because it is a Buick".:)

My comment was then we will call it a "FUick"! He finally broke down and laughed.:biggrin:

The track manager was very busy with a race program today, but will call him next week to firm up Friday parking schedule.

On a lighter note, he came up to me near the end of the race program after I ran a couple "unscheduled" 9 sec. passes [no fire suit or safety net in place] and said my car was disqualified from the track?:confused:

When I said why, he replied "because it is a Buick".:)

My comment was then we will call it a "FUick"! He finally broke down and laughed.:biggrin:

I had that same talk with him last year:biggrin: Nice guy btw.

you welcome grasshoppa

looking good!.
I have the same valve covers on my T type. yea there cool!
your very energenic, I guess youth does that to you!LOL
now dial it in, and make sure the alky 's working good!
I was working on the blue car today, and the alky was NOT working,
serious NO-NO!!!!
keep us posted!

Nick are we going to be able to get the gates open between 2pm-3pm on friday so we can get setup and get the cars in? just trying to find out so we can make plans. i know you said we will get locked in but thats cool just trying to figure out what time i need to be there.

brent

The plan has been approved so that we can access, set up and get our tech cards and arm bands on Friday, Nov. 23 from 12 noon until 5 PM.

Access will be from the gate on Jomax road, not the usual gate. For entry on Saturday and Sunday, everyone will use the [usual] Happy Valley Road access gate. The map on on Speedworld Motorplex web site shows this info.

Is there any pre-registration required? I got the go ahead from the boss to try and make the WCN. I've been reading over the thread and I'll try to make it there on Friday. What hotel is everyone staying at? What class is there setup that I can fit in?

class????

you mean we run in a class????

bunch of us are staying at windmill inn, in surprise,
also days inn, or best western,

Glad your going! look forward to seeing you run!

see ya there.

Is there any pre-registration required? I got the go ahead from the boss to try and make the WCN. I've been reading over the thread and I'll try to make it there on Friday. What hotel is everyone staying at? What class is there setup that I can fit in?

cant wait to meet you. glad you can make it.

there are classes

I dunno what they are, TSO TSM WFO?
I'm just glad your attending!
I think you'll enjoy it.

What motel's are nearest to the track? I am thinking that I will stay Fri night & Sat night, head back very early Sunday morning. Well, something like that.

i hope to be there. need my damn turbo back. also need to get the car over to the body shop. damn this is pissing me off. well i got the rear control arms boxed. time to install them tomorrow. got my power sterring pump pully back and bracket and got installed tonight. also not sure if i should buy new shocks or not. last year i had 2 1.68 sixty and all 1.7* 60's with stock suspension on M/T Et Streets. I hope now that im making more power with the boxed arms i hope my 60's drop. also should i change my shocks? there about 8 years old but my 60s i think are pretty good. humm. maybe i will wait