2007 Super 16 Turbo/King of Hill car for sale!!

1NASTY6

"Staged for Life"
Let me start by mentioning that there was a shortage of cars in the Super 16 Turbo Class at the '07 GS Nationals....

there were so many other classes that were paying out much more in "cash and prizes", that some of the really fast turbo cars did not Super 16. They made an announcement that they would accept any turbo drivers.... so I entered as the slowest qualifier with a dial of 11.53.
Run in a true "ladder" format, I ended up facing low qualifier Bob Peterson in the "Six Shooter" with his dial of 7.30. Bob ran a tight 7.32, but left a bit early. I moved on thru the rounds, and ended up winning Super 16 Turbo.

In the "King of the Hill - Final Race" between the Super 16 Turbo and Super 16 Big Block winners, I faced off with a fellow in a 1970 GS Stage 1 455. What a drag race that was! I ran an 11.48 on my 11.53 dial, and he ran a 10.12 on his 10.19 dial!

I made over 35 passes that week, and all were between 11.48 and 11.62.

I dialed 11.53 for every race, including the Wednesday Gamblers race which I redlighted in the Semi's, the 1st Ever "Open Comp." (Pro Tree) race, where I redlighted in the Finals, and all through the Super 16 and King of the Hill race.

I certainly do not have one of the fastest cars you'll ever see down in Bowling Green, but I do believe that I have one of the most consistent Turbo Buicks around.

The car is sitting in my garage exactly as I parked it after returning home from my most memorable GS Nationals ever that year. (my Dad and I had been attending for over 16 years as either spectators and/or racers)

I will send photo's and requested information only to those who e-mail me privately. You can see a couple still photo's of the car from the '07 GS Nationals at MySpace.com - " BAD ASS BUICKS! " - 42 - Male - OSHKOSH, Wisconsin - www.myspace.com/badassbuicks. There you will also find the video footage of the "King of the Hill" Finals.

Asking price is $14,500. I also have a 1986 Chevrolet Suburban tow vehicle and a 2000 Mong open trailer that I will include in a package deal at $19,000.

I will try to post a few photo's in this forum, but in the past when I have done that, the photo files must have been to large and it didn''t work. (that's why I prefer to send photo's to you direct to your personal e-mail address if you were to inquire about the car.

I will say that it is a very, very stock appearing car without any wild modifications. I'm a low budget sort of racer, and every decision about what I changed or added to the car was carefully thought out for safety's concern, as well as my pocket book.

You could come pick up the car in Oshkosh, WI and drive it home anywhere in North America with no problems! You'd probably get about 19-20 mpg with the air on also!

Well, if you are still reading this short novel, then you might just be intereste enough to send me an e-mail for more information.

I can be reached at pwr6man@yahoo.com

"Staged for Life"

are you sure on bobby's time? i didnt remember anyone besides rod henrickson and my self runing 7's. maybe bob stanley?. also your link is not working. thanks.

Correction.... and additional information about car.

John, thank you for the correction ....see, you guys are so fast at that level that I can't even keep up with you on a computer! Bob must have dialed an 8.30 and ran an 8.32??
I'll be the first to admit that it was a blur for me that day.....

By the way, congratulations on your record pass. I have it posted on my MySpace page to brag up the Buick community. You have certainly brought us to a new level. I still have a photograph of Lawrence Conley's Tweaked from about '94 with a piece of duct tape on the radiator support with a "fastest turbo buick" and a time of 9.44. What a long way you guys have come since then.
You are also correct about the link in the middle of my post not working, however, if you click on the one down by my signature, that one does work.
I'll try to edit my post and remove the non-working link. Thanks!

In regards to the post by Lloyd....

When I posted last night, I had been on the computer for over 6 hours and was a bit burned out.... just wanted to get something out there for the time being. But here goes with some further details...

I'm a tough critic of my own car, but it is beautiful. There are a few small battle scars that cars that are raced and driven on the road incur. (small stone chips etc...) My description will include anything that is not perfect about the car also. (such as the current A/C compressor being the wrong one)

I bought the car from Donny Regans at the '94 GS Nationals. It was a Florida car and is extremely clean on the underside to this day. The car had been repainted prior to my purchase, and the finish still looks wonderful.

* MOTOR: Car has a "new stock" motor that came out of a 13,000 mile show car back in 2000. It was purchased from a fellow out of Golden Valley, MN (I believe he is a member on this board and could vouch for the milage). I put my stock ported heads on that totally stock motor, and to this day, it's never been opened up! My guess is that I have put about 1,200 to 1,500 additional miles on the motor since 2000. (not much, eh?)

* TRANSMISSION built by JIMMY'S out of Mundelein, IL (one of the best!)

* CONVERTER is a Precision "Vigilante" 3200-3400 stall, single disc lock up

* HEADS - my heads were ported my a fellow who did work for Wagner Automotive Research here in Wisconsin. (Carl Wagner and his shop used to develop and build the performance engines for the Busch Cars when they were running on the Buick platform.)

* TURBO is a PTE 51 that came off of Jack Cotton's car back in 2001 after only a few passes. Thanks Jack!

* FRONT MOUNT INTERCOOLER is a very, very efficient custom unit. It is an intercooler off of an International School Bus modified to fit beautifully on a GN. My friend Walt Judy (now running 8.60's) had it build for his car and when he upgraded, he sold it to me at a great price. Thanks Walt!

* INJECTORS are the 42.5# 009's

* MAX EFFORT 16 POSITION THUMBWHEEL CHIP by Steve Yaklin. (one of the BEST items that I ever purchased for my car! I believe it is one of the keys to my consistancy. I haven't changed the tune on my car since Steve helped me get things running nicely over 6 years ago.

I'd give the interior an 8 on a scale of 1-10. There are no burns, tears or dirt/grease smears on any of the seats, or headliner. There is a hole in the carpet at the point where you'd rest your left foot while driving.

* Has Stereo/CD player in it with pioneer speakers. (I have the original radio yet)

* Non power seats, but has power windows and locks. (all working)

* Tinted side windows, quarters and backglass. (side window film is has filed edges)

* Boost gauge on post, 5" buick Tach sitting in front portion of console, line lock button and fan/TC lock up switch in ashtray location on console.

* Car has manual brake system on it right now, as I got tired of problems with PM, and after trying 5 or 6 MC on a vacuum system, (non worked right and I was continually losing holding power) I decided to go with straight manual. I certainly lost the ability to launch as hard, and it has cost me on ET's, but I know what I have, it allows me to be consistant. (and hey, less chance of breaking something with the softer launches!) Still pulls high 1.6 60's.

*I am currently looking for a new AC compressor with the proper electrical connections on it. The one I have on now is incorrect, but will be replaced with proper one prior to sale of car.

* FRONT RUNNERS are M/T's on 15x4 Aluminum wheels.

* SLICKS (no good ones anymore) but have 15x8 aluminum rear wheels

* DOWN PIPE is a Terry Houston 3"

* BOXED UPPER AND LOWER CONTROL ARMS

* 5 1/2 BUICK MOTORSPORTS TACH (not mounted, just sits in front area of console)

* TURBOLINK diagnostic software and old, old laptop.

If you need more info, please ask.

I've been asked why I want to sell the car.....

I really don't want to sell it, and it's not even that I need the money, but after returning from the '07 Nationals, I've had the car out 1 time! My wife and I have a 6 year old and a 22 month old, and as much as I would love to be at the track on a daily basis, I'm not even able to make it on the weekends. For now my kids are most important, and for any of you with older kids, you know that time lost with them is just that, lost.
I can always buy another car down the road.

Thanks again John. Also, another "congrats" on your record run. I wish I could have been there to see it. (only the 3rd Nationals I've missed since '91)

Thanks!

Here is a photo of my car from GM High Tech Performance.....

Thanks Lloyd!

This photo of my car appeared in GM High Tech Performance June/July 2007. The story was entitled "Into the Black", and was all about the 2007 Buick GS Nationals.

Hopefully you can see that the car is very nice. I will post some detailed/close ups very soon when I can get some time. I'm quite busy with the real job, so time is sometimes in short supply!

Attachments

• GM High Tech Performance photo of my car.jpg
    GM High Tech Performance photo of my car.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 812
Updated photo's of this car!

Here are some photo's I snapped this past weekend of the car.

Price is now $12,500, if purchased before the snow falls up here in Wisconsin. Car can be driven anywhere, or trailer it back to your home.

Powermaster unit has been installed after being reworked by Richard Clark, the undisputed king of these finicky braking systems! It works great.

Call me on my cell: 920-410-7992.

Thanks!

P.S. The car IS an original GN! The horn ring came with that T center piece in it when I replaced the old cracked one. At the same time, I also replaced the upper dash panel that had cracked speaker grills on it. Factory original stereo goes with the car.

Found an old For Sale sign I made up at the '06 Nationals with E.T.'s and MPH listed. Check out the MPH times on Wednesday!! You want to talk about consistent?! The e.t.'s were only off a bit because I was playing with tire pressure and launch rpm a bit...

Attachments

• 067.jpg
    067.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 582
  • 080.jpg
    080.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 583
  • 090.jpg
    090.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 591
  • 078.jpg
    078.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 585
  • 062.jpg
    062.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 587
Car is SOLD!

The car has been SOLD to a fellow from Florida. (which is where it came from when I bought it!) Thanks to those who expressed interest in the car. My entire family will miss it, .....even my Wife!

The car has been SOLD to a fellow from Florida. (which is where it came from when I bought it!) Thanks to those who expressed interest in the car. My entire family will miss it, .....even my Wife!

Don't worry, I'll take good care of it. :biggrin:

It finally arrived and looks great! Believe it or not, this is my first Grand National. I've wanted one of these since they were new. I feel like a kid in a candy store! I'll post some pics in the Readers Rides forum. Thanks Tim for all your help! -Matt