2008 Bpg Nationals

opeltwinturbo

The Bpg Board Of Directors Is Pleased To Announce That The 2008 Bpg Nationals Will Be Held Friday Through Sunday, August 1 - 3 At National Trail Raceway. Look For More Details On The Bpg Website As They Become Available

Vendors and Sponsors

Vendors and Sponsors needed

Attachments

• BPG Event Announcement (small).doc
    24 KB · Views: 278
New updated Flyer...

Attachments

• Buick Performance Group Intro.doc
    54 KB · Views: 201
BPG nationals

Happy new year to all !!!!!! To avoid the DRAMA of last year , I might as well stir the pot now!!
Will there be a quick 8 and quick 16 race and what EXACTLY are the rules?? Thanks Mike:rolleyes: :cool:

Happy new year to all !!!!!! To avoid the DRAMA of last year , I might as well stir the pot now!!
Will there be a quick 8 and quick 16 race and what EXACTLY are the rules?? Thanks Mike:rolleyes: :cool:

I vote Mike be allowed to race this year,
Allow Mike to race petition,Please sign below

----------------------
1. Otto Pernek

Bpg?????????

Buick Performance Group ???

LET MIKE RACE !!!!!!!!!!!

IT DOESN'T GET MUCH MORE BUICK PERFORMANCE THAN BLOWNV6 !!

THANKS

ATTN: Chris Lyons and anyone eles that may be intrested. Since there seems to be no clear direction of your rules addressing your Quick 8 and Quick 16 class for 2008 I will send these reminders of the past. In 2006 I attended the BPG event in Salem Ohio and was fully aware that I
was not allowed to race in the Quick 16 , but I had quite a few people that wanted me to bring my car so that they could see it run. I arrived on Friday
afternoon and decided to make a run that evening around the time the Quick 16 was set to qualify. Meanwhile I set out a voting board against my car asking people to vote one way or another weather they thought I should be allowed to run in this type of class in future. I guess this caused quite a stir
with the board of directors and tempers flaired. Feeling the tension in the air
on Saturday morning I stopped John Schmidt and ask him what the problem was!! He really didnt have a whole lot to say except that the BOARD did not appreciate the sign. I explained to him that I was not trying to pry my way
into the race that weekend , I simply wanted to see for myself if the people that attended these events wanted to see my car and ones like it compete.
At that time which I believe was around 10.30AM on Saturday John ask me to take the sign down as it was causing a stir!!! And so I did!!!
Then the fiasco of 2007!!! Seeing that the rules for the Quick 8 race clearly stated (Buick powered anything goes), I showed up!!! And got thrown out!!!
Then in , then out ,then in again!!! So on Saturday morning I set up another sign to get more opinions and I left it out all day on Saturday.
See the attached Pics of the voting boards. NOTE that the 2006 board was only out for a few hours, 2007 was only out on Saturday as it rained the event out on Sunday. CLEARLY the people that PAY to attend your event want to see my car and others like it run , they want to witness awsome potential of a BUICK V6 for themselves.
Thats is about all I have to say about this. Good luck to all. Thanks Mike :rolleyes:

Attachments

• MVC-008F.JPG
    MVC-008F.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 1,070
  • MVC-009F.JPG
    MVC-009F.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 1,042
I signed that board last year and I'll sign it again this year but lets hope it doesn't come to that. There are too few Buickheads as it is.

Let's hope cooler heads prevail and things work out well.
It would sure add some "spice" to the event and help set it apart and above some of the other Buick events that run during the season.:)

I am sure that a solution can be reached.....as with racing...having the quickest car does not mean it is an automatic winner....imo quick 16 should be quick 16...mechanical failure...red lights...can all make the difference...if it was me I would address this to the Race Director....if i can help in anyway with this let me know...

V6 Rail to Race!!!

I definately think Mike's rail should race at the BPG.Just from hangin' out with Mike and his "fam" I got to learn something about how his car handles fueling etc.I had my horizons broadened.I hope the board of directors of the BPG will find it within themselves to have Mike running at the event.Mike's car brings added interest to the event & its obvious that a lot of folks were interested in his car.

Let Mike run. Take the fastest 8 and bracket race them. If they run these cars heads-up, the#5,#6,#7 and #8 cars don't have a chance. These cars should just run Q-16 so they have a chance of winning and are just not cars to fill the field of 8.

do i need to be a gsca member to race?i let my membership expire 2 yrs ago?i would love to attend,i only live about an 1hr from there

do i need to be a gsca member to race?i let my membership expire 2 yrs ago?i would love to attend,i only live about an 1hr from there

The BPG club is not affiliated with the GSCA.
And you do not need to be a member to be part of one of the events.

I thought i also read that the GSCA is not making this mandatory this year either.