200r4 down shift

GMTECH12002

87 gn with 200r4, supposedly has an art carr kit installed, the issue I have is, it downshifts too easy, and most of the time will down shift from drive to second and skip 3rd, I have adjusted the tv to the point that if I run it any looser then the trans slips and the downshift is still too aggressive. You can't accel hardly at all in drive without it downshifting. Does anyone have suggestions for this, or is this a characteristic of the art Carr kit

I have an Art Car kit in mine and don't have that issue. The downshift is perfect except into 1st gear. It won't downshift to first unless I am driving very slowly. I wish there was a quick fix for it.

I have an Art Car kit in mine and don't have that issue. The downshift is perfect except into 1st gear. It won't downshift to first unless I am driving very slowly. I wish there was a quick fix for it.
You don't want it downshifting into first unless you are going slow. You will put undo stress on the trans otherwise.

I am satisfied with the upshifts, except wot upshifts are @ 4500 rpm, that I can over come by manually shifting, it's just the downshifts, just to agressive

Sounds like a governor issues . Do you have a brf trans with a correct Vb and governor. These items are what make them shift correctly for the v6 engine .

I'm gonna be away from home all weekend, but I will do some inspection when I get home, thanks for the help, I was thinking governor but not sure bout it. Anyway, what would a good diagnostic procedure be, to check the valvebody and the
Governor

Ok so I finally got under the car, I do have the brf trans, is there anything I should check before pulling the pan? Like accumulator, cause I don't wanna get it apart now and miss the gs nationals this week

The 1-2 & 3-4 Accumulators are in the Pan. Under the round cover behind Vbody at rear .
Cover where [Wire Clip] is posted >> http://www.montecarloss.com/TCC_4.jpg

I would disconnect the TV cable, start the engine & while idling pull the TV cable out & let it snap back a dozen or so times, reconnect it & test drive. If the TV plunger or TV Valve is sticking/binding from trash etc.. this can clear it up.

As for inspecting the Valvebody & Gov, you can disassemble, clean & lube, make sure nothing is binding/sticking, no broken springs etc.. If you remove the Vbody, Acc. cover, Gov cover the gaskets may tear so be prepared with new ones.