200r4 Trans Builders

91Bird305

Who are some of the best out there? Nothing extreme. I have a 500rwhp car that I'm considering switch from my 700r4 to a 200r4 and looking for a good builder. Opinions / personal experience appreciated. Thanks.

Jimmy’s Transmissions
888 N. Tower Road
Mundelein, IL 60060
847-949-7507
i have had nothing but good luck with all of the transmissions he has built for me.and he stands by his work.:biggrin:
also i think changing from the 700 to a 200 brf you will have a lower gear ratio.

Hey Eric, look up "Brian" on the board. Plus he is local to you. Other wise I knew someone in your area who could of done it.;)

My post was not aimed at Brian not being capable of a good build..just wanted to clear that up

+1 for Brian Hofer, good trans. for a great price. I have one of his 2004rs and it's held up well under the abuse of many passes in the 7.1-7.2 range.

The only other thing I would consider if I were you would be a turbo 350 or 400. It seems to me that to get equivalent durability out of a 2004r you'll have to pay double what a 350 would cost. Of course the downside is that you lose O.D.

Where is Brian out of?[/QUOTE]

I am in Roseville. But make frequent trips up towards Flint.
Check out my feedback in that forum. Look under Brian, Brian`s Transmissions. And the feedback in the Vendors Service area.
Got a few units ready, so, no core would be needed and no waiting!:cool:

My post was not aimed at Brian not being capable of a good build..just wanted to clear that up

SURE...:smile: We know what you meant!;):cool:
Many have had good experience with lots of guys, and we can only convey our own experiences.:wink:

Brian

I am running one of Brian's trannys in my car-consistent 9.70's-9.80's & never missed a shift. I bought this trans the end of 2005 when the car only ran 10's. I did break the sprague in it last year when I broke the ring & pinion, but never did wear it out. Brian also took REAL good care of me when I broke it. I also would like to add that I race EVERY weekend so this thing has seen alot af abuse.