2014 tsm rules

KevinB

I've been gone for awhile but coming back next year. Any plans on rule changes for next year? I'm gathering parts together right now but don't want to buy stuff that may change next year. Is it too early still?

I wanna see the weights change to 3450 aluminum and 3300 for iron. The 67 turbo rules has to go. It is crazy to
have a weight break for any turbo smaller than the biggest one allowed. The protest rules are a crock too.
We have always had a plug to check the turbo with and that was just part of the gig. A lot of stuff needs to change

But it will still revolve around the 71 turbo for sure. Shouldn't affect Kevin buying parts.

I would like to see the Wastegate rule opened up like it is in ths.
Also the throttle body and exhaust rule are outdated.

That it needs to plumbed back into the exhaust. Only class out there in the turbo world that requires this. Don't even have to do it in ths.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Also, there isn't a heads up class that I know of that requires exhaust/mufflers on turbo cars.
The 70mm tb rule. Does this actually slow anyone down? lol
Maybe open it up to other types of gm cars with buick v6's. Hell, anything to get people to show up would be cool in my book. As long as the cars met the rules and weights, what's the difference?

The no tech thing is ok, but the index needs to be enforced. If it's at 9.75 and a non teched car runs 9.74 in eliminations, he's out.

I would shoot for a lower index. I would do 9.50 or so. That is more than a half second off the pace of the fastest car

I wanna see the weights change to 3450 aluminum and 3300 for iron. The 67 turbo rules has to go. It is crazy to
have a weight break for any turbo smaller than the biggest one allowed. The protest rules are a crock too.
We have always had a plug to check the turbo with and that was just part of the gig. A lot of stuff needs to change

Aluminum head cars are already at 3450 and iron head cars are at a great disadvantage so they get more weight break.
Protest rule should stay IMO to keep idiots from making someones day at the track a pain in the ass at every race ;)
The 67 is slower with less mph potential than the 71. I've proved it on the track. It also allows more cars to compete.
Unfortunately, the plug disappeared like a fart in the wind never to be seen again.. I have the rings to check compressor wheel in case of protest.

Somebody other than JW overseeing the class rules.

Ronnie, I don't know how you think I have any affect on the rules... All the participants have voted for every rule change as far as I can remember, even when Scott was running it. I've put way too much of my time and money into keeping this class going and you have done nothing but try to tear it down.. Instead of being "that guy" why not help draw more people into racing?

All I have ever had control over is posting the rules and gathering the votes. It's up to the racers to "tech" each others cars in the lanes and have a gentleman's agreement on legality.

For all I care we can go back to the 2008 rules.. (My car is still legal) and I'll still run 8s. I've told you face to face and over the phone, I haven't changed my car in years but you don't believe me.

Step up your game like alot of others have and "Stop Whining"

I've been gone for awhile but coming back next year. Any plans on rule changes for next year? I'm gathering parts together right now but don't want to buy stuff that may change next year. Is it too early still?

My vote is no changes. But someone will always wants changes.

Kevin, we'll wait til after BG to propose changes and vote as we normally have in the past.

I will never think adding weight is a solution.
I also will never understand why everyone wants to run these cars heavy. My car is 3360 with me at 225 in it and a full tank of gas. The only fiberglass I have is bumpers, nothing exotic.
I believe some of the success John has had with his 200r4 and 10 bolt is due to his car not weighing 3500 pounds.
Every class in every organization has progressed, and that's why they survive.

I think the higher weights go back to when this was more of an entry level class. It has progressed far from that over the years. My old white tsm car was 3500 with me and it was all steel with aluminum heads. It still had the crash bars in the doors and original hood.