2015 Texas Buick Nationals Discussion thread

Has anyone ever checked into the possibility of using Texas World Speedway in College Station? I'm not sure how it'd workout, but I thought I read somewhere that they've used the back stretch for either 1/8 or 1/4 mile events.

TMS does it as well but with a flagman and no timing boards.

David let me know, I would purchase them just haven't had time to shop or spend much on the GN but will need something for this event and whenever I get some time to hit the track!

http://www.twsdrags.com/
Looks like plenty of parking and garage/pit areas.
I live next to TWS and have "street raced" there multiple times. As convenient as it would be for me to have the TXNATS there I would say no, not TWS. TWS is "street race" style racing, no prepped surface, no timing, no lights, ect. As fun as it is to play there on street nights it is not race car friendly.

Its gonna be run 1/8 mile and Little River is a very comfortable track so i dont think another venue is needed at this time.

When do they have street nights there? I just moved to College Station and I'm getting used to the area.

I live next to TWS and have "street raced" there multiple times. As convenient as it would be for me to have the TXNATS there I would say no, not TWS. TWS is "street race" style racing, no prepped surface, no timing, no lights, ect. As fun as it is to play there on street nights it is not race car friendly.

When do they have street nights there? I just moved to College Station and I'm getting used to the area.

Used to be Friday nights. TWS has since sold and most likely be taken out to put in a lovely sub-division/strip center.

Anyhow, Little River sounds good to me.
David, you have been a great supporter of TRs for years, once again thanks for putting this together.

Used to be Friday nights. TWS has since sold and most likely be taken out to put in a lovely sub-division/strip center.

Anyhow, Little River sounds good to me.
David, you have been a great supporter of TRs for years, once again thanks for putting this together.

Thank you Sir! It will be good to see ya again.

I realize that many of the old skool "big boys" don't like to run 1/8 mile. Untill my junk runs what it should run in the 1/8, I won't even think about 1/4 mile. Since most cars do not have the correct safety equipment to run the full one quarter mile . . . . not only is it safer because of the lower speeds, but there are many other opportunities to blow your car up. JMO

I realize that many of the old skool "big boys" don't like to run 1/8 mile. Untill my junk runs what it should run in the 1/8, I won't even think about 1/4 mile. Since most cars do not have the correct safety equipment to run the full one quarter mile . . . . not only is it safer because of the lower speeds, but there are many other opportunities to blow your car up. JMO
This is true.

Check it out guys www.gm-efi.com lot's of Buick coverage, the site was created by Rick Seitz formerly of GMHTP. Rick is a TR owner as well now in the Houston area.

Maybe we can get Rick to join us in Temple and get a little Buick coverage in the process? :)

He joined our local forum here is the post.

Hey, everyone!

Just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself, and say hello. I'm Rick Seitz, former Editor of GMHTP and the Editor of GM EFI Magazine, a digital/online publication that features everything late-model GM. Some of you may have already heard about it from other forums, Facebook, or the website itself at GM-EFI.com. If not, check it out!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GMEFI

Twitter: https://twitter.com/GM_EFI

Instagram: http://instagram.com/gmefi/

I'm based out of the Houston and whenever I have free time, I wrench on by '87 Grand National or my '02 Trans Am WS6. I'd love to come out to some Buick meets sometime, and get to know the locals!

Also one other thing to discuss!

Index racing vs Bracket racing? Which one do you like better and why?

What we did last year seemed to be fine David. I don't think we have enough cars and people to do more than that, but we may end up with more at the next event.