206-206-cam

gmturbo

Northern Turbo
Is the 206-206 flat tappet cam noisey? Its a comp cam design
and I was told that the agressive nature of the ramp causes
the valve train to be noisey? any feedback would be
appreciated.

Mine is a little more noisy then the stocker. It's been in for a year now with plenty of daily driven miles (20k!!!!!!!!!!!!:( ). I have had no problems with it at all, very satisfied.

My 206/206 Weber flat tappet (made by Comp) is noisey too.

It's an Xtreme Energy Hydraulic Grind 5440:

Designed to maximize torque, acceleration, and throttle response while providing excellent high RPM horsepower. A faster intake valve opening increases engine vacuum and enhances throttle response. Special intake closing ramps close the valve sooner providing more cylinder pressure and torque without resulting in excessive valve train noise. Faster ramps achieve maximum velocity sooner, increasing the area under the lift curve and providing maximum horsepower. A smoother exhaust design allows for a more effective purge of spent gasses from the combustion chamber to further increase horsepower.

That's from a Comp Camp write up. Way they say without excessive valve train noise says "it will have some noise" to me. The grind is "rollerish".

We have installed many Comp 206/206 cams including Psycho's mentioned above. Seems all have some valve train noise, maybe very little or lots?

There are oversize length pushrods available. This has helped quiet a couple motors It is always important to check for proper pre-load when doing head work of changing a cam.

Just a side note, the "Weber" grind is on Comp's list so ordering a 206/206 flat tappet is what they normally supply. No difference or need to specify anything but part no. if in doubt.