255/60/15 tire availability

tford

Registered Member
The only ones I can find are bfg radial ta's. I've been using these for years but they suck for traction. What companies have this size tire? Any links are appreciated. I know the mickey t drag radials come in this size, but I'm looking a good street tire that is safe for rain. Thanks, Tim

There aren't any. The BFGs and various drag radials are all that is left. The Firestone Indy 500 tires still show up on a lot of websites, but they aren't actually in stock anywhere. They're all gone.

There is a Fuzion (Chinese) tire available in 225/60R15 you could throw on the front, and get some DRs for the rear. It's what I had to do after flatspotting one of my Indy 500s. Moved the 235/60R15s to the back and put the new 225s on the front.

Next stop will have to be newer 17 or 18" wheels so I can get a decent street tire. Sucks, but not much can be done.

I did find a company that has Goodyear Eagle GTII's but they're $200 a piece! I guess the BFG's
will go back on. Oh well, figured I'd ask first. Thanks, Tim

i got the cobra 255/60/15 on the back of my car now and havent had a traction problem just driving around in rain and such. i like them alot for a cruising around tire. and best part was they were decently easy on the pocket.

If you want something a little bit bigger, I found 275/60/15s in Hankook Venturas. I know the title said 255/60's, but I thought I'd throw those out there. When my transmission was built, I had the gear replaced so that I could run 28" tall tires without speedo problems. It's these or slicks.. These don't wear down as quick and are really safe on the street. Normal tread ftw.

Zack