29" tire hitting fender with moog stock rear springs..need ideas?

driven87

car is a turbo 6liter. currently swapped over to a 29" hoosier QTP. problem is the fender is hitting the tire on the passenger side under power. im not 100% sure but i beleive there is moog stock replacement springs in there that i installed maybe 5 years ago? is there a stiffer spring most run? is there one brand over another when it comes to ride height? not looking to go to coil overs so that is out of question. thanks guys

Sounds to me like your antiroll bar isn't doing it's job either due to adjustment or size (not familiar with that bar) otherwise it would squat equally.

i say throw some airbags in it to stiffen it up some. my car would always rub when i got on it till i put the bags in it. i played with different pressures to equal it out for each side. i agree about the anti roll bar not doin its job. it doesnt sound like its squatting equally.

after looking at the car it seems the body is off center a little bit and the passenger tire is sticking out a little more then the driver. seems with the bigger tire now it just hit it a little bit. how did most people recenter the body or so? gonna be hard with a cage in the car i would guess

strange double adjustable shocks, TRS anti-roll bar, no bags

Where do you have the compression set on the shocks ? Soft / Stiff ?

You might double check your anti roll bar setup to make sure it's adjusted correctly. It should be adjusted with the car at full weight with you in the drivers seat. Once everything is double checked and set-up, I would mark the rear shocks and see if their compressing close to the same amount. My QA1's had a O-Ring around the shaft that I could use as a gauge to check the compression. If you don't have the O-Ring you could use a small wire tie.

i like airbags for the taller tires and even with suspention work the right will always needed more air.