3.04 $ High test

suicide six

Local gas station posted 3.04 today for premium today here in pittsburgh area.Highest seen in this area,not a car in the station.Looks like another crazy summer. :frown:

I haven't seen any stations here is So Kal that high yet, but we are right behind you by only about $.08 or so on the average. $ 2.88 for the least expensive Arco premium 91 crappy octane station that I know of.

This was one of those stations thats always the first to up prices,then the others follow.Summer blend cost more so they say.

I am soo glad I live in Amarillo, I'm bothered by our $2.6-something for regular

It will just keep going up- and up. One reason, not mentioned much, is that the govmnt stopped requiring the MTBE that was used, in many places, to make "oxygenated" gas. The manufacturers stopped making it, too, since there were environmental concerns about the stuff. And it amounted to a little more than 1% of the total gasoline amount. So, that's just one more little kink in a supply line that was tight already. The thinking was, in part, that methanol would be used to replace the MTBE. Problem there, the gasoline distribution network was set up to blend in the MTBE at the regions that use it, and it was distributed by pipelines. The methanol uses different blending equipment, and can't be pumped throught the same pipelines as gasoline and fuel oil, so that creates another problem Some places- California, maybe?- didn't use MTBE, so they might not be affected as much.

I saw $3.10 premium

This was 4-7-06 in Simi Valley CA.

maybe i could try 87 and alchy spray for 15psi

CA has been using MTBE for some time. Maybe when the switch to 91 max occured about 5yrs ago.

Wells said:
I haven't seen any stations here is So Kal that high yet, but we are right behind you by only about $.08 or so on the average. $ 2.88 for the least expensive Arco premium 91 crappy octane station that I know of.

It's about $3.05 down here in San Diego for crap 91. The cheapest is on the military base at $2.88....guess where I get mine. :rolleyes:

Hell, high crap gas prices just make 116 look way more affordable!! Looks like Im running racegas all summer... hehehe :tongue: