3.5 GN1 Downpipe

REGL8R

Just picked this up, it seems like I am going to have to cut my plastic wheel well in order to make this fit. Anyone else have to do this in order to make theirs fit or any kind of 3.5 DP for that matter?

Its an 85 with 87 engine, does the 85 have different wheels wells causing this problem?

Thats a common issue with the 3.5 and downpipes made to clear ATR style headers.

Some say you dont but from what ive seen you do.

I havent tried it but was thinking if you got a heat gun and heated the inner fender and bent it over to clear maybe an option

Mine cleared the wheelwell just fine but had some interference with the frame underneath the car. I flattened it into a slight oval shape and all is well. I have a poly motor mount on drivers side and stock on passenger side which may be a factor. Also running stock headers. Its a big mutha!

Take the passenger side header off first, then install the DP, then put the header back on. It should clear just fine.

I have poston headers and they don't seem to get in the way at all. Poly motor mounts driver and passenger. I'm going to finish up tonight I'll let you guys know what happens.

i have this pipe and i have the hr mounts on both sides.

either trim the inner fender or let the dp melt it :eek:

i cut mine with a rotozip but still had issue with it hitting the floorboard where it meats the firewall. and it was also extemly close to your return fuel line:mad:

i marked mine with a sharpie then heated it and beat it like crap and now no clearence issues

good luck