3 bar map with digital dash

QUIP'6'

Brian Roman
i recently bought razors kit "" LOVE IT"" anyway i want to hook it up to the already existing map plug for analog dashes and i want to know where the end of the wires goto under the dash. the digital dash has no dash hook up. i talked to julio and he told me but i am lost dont want to bug the guy when all i can do is hook a wire to the tps under the hood but i want a clean hook up under the dash. looked under the glove box and all i see is a rubber grommet in the firewall and wires going to the computor and a 16 wire plug wrapped in foam. PLEASE HELP ANYONE THAT DID THIS WITH A DIGITAL DASH:confused:

its in the instructs

flop open the glovebox the right side is a clear connector with foam around it that connects the engine harness to the dash harness , thats where youll be locating the wires on the engine side of the harness

you can jump 5v from the tps 5v to the ecm (pin C14 gray) to the map feed at the white connector on engine side of harness ,
youll need to jump ground from the tps ground (pin D12 Black) to the map ground at the white connector on engine side of harness
you can tap the map signal for the pAc from the same connector as you would for analog dash
you can then install the 3bar map under the hood to the factory connector and it will function and with key on should read 1.6v at the center pin (pin B) , pin C will have +5V and pin A should read ground , also double check at the map connection to the pac controller that you indeed have 1.6v key on

its in the instructs

flop open the glovebox the right side is a clear connector with foam around it that connects the engine harness to the dash harness , thats where youll be locating the wires on the engine side of the harness

you can jump 5v from the tps 5v to the ecm (pin C14 gray) to the map feed at the white connector on engine side of harness ,
youll need to jump ground from the tps ground (pin D12 Black) to the map ground at the white connector on engine side of harness
you can tap the map signal for the pAc from the same connector as you would for analog dash
you can then install the 3bar map under the hood to the factory connector and it will function and with key on should read 1.6v at the center pin (pin B) , pin C will have +5V and pin A should read ground , also double check at the map connection to the pac controller that you indeed have 1.6v key on
AWESOME THANKS now does gray wire on the connector goto the c14 gray on the ecm and the groung goto the black d12 on the ecm? cant i ground it anywhere on the car and the green wire on the connector goto the pac green

AWESOME THANKS now does gray wire on the connector goto the c14 gray on the ecm and the groung goto the black d12 on the ecm? cant i ground it anywhere on the car and the green wire on the connector goto the pac green

thought i made it as clear as it gets but guess i lost you so ill try to clear it up

yes jump the gray wire at connector (see pic) to pin c14(gray wire at ecm)

jump the black wire at connector (see pic) to pin D12 at ecm and no dont just connect to ground , its a low reference ground put it to D12 black wire only.

yes splice in the PAC map input wire to the green wire at the white connector (see pic)

by jumping/splicing do an ectrically sound connection . slice the wires open (shave back about 1/2 inch of the insulation) , spread the wires apart , insert an end the stripped jump wire and twist in , solder the connection then tape over with electrical tape
dont use crimp on scotchlok splicers ! the map function is too important to rely on those types connectors

HTH

thought i made it as clear as it gets but guess i lost you so ill try to clear it up

yes jump the gray wire at connector (see pic) to pin c14(gray wire at ecm)

jump the black wire at connector (see pic) to pin D15 at ecm and no dont just connect to ground , its a low reference ground put it to D12 black wire only.

yes splice in the PAC map input wire to the green wire at the white connector (see pic)

by jumping/splicing do an ectrically sound connection . slice the wires open (shave back about 1/2 inch of the insulation) , spread the wires apart , insert an end the stripped jump wire and twist in , solder the connection then tape over with electrical tape
dont use crimp on scotchlok splicers ! the map function is too important to rely on those types connectors

HTH

perfect you couldnt of put it better thanks for all your help!!!:smile:

thanks pacecarta got it all buttoned up and soldered everything went well and ohmed out great cant wait to get my motor in and crank her up SLOWLY!!!!!!!!!

Excellent.

Take your time on the tuning.. make it the most enjoyable part of modding the car.

Julio and Paul,

Thanks for the kit Julio and the new 3 Bar Map sensor, I just wanted to share that I did the wiring per Paul's instructions on the 3 bar map. And everything is great! I just did exactly as stated and soldered the whole deal....I need to tune a little but I have everything as it was shipped, turned the blue knob back a little, (alky comming on and getting some lag) and turned the boost up to 25psi (eventually) and have 0.00 kr from a dead stop/power brake.
Thank you,

Chuck ;)

not getting the 1.6v on pin B. I tried to run a wire (green)over from the controller to the green on the clear connector in pic but no 1.6v. I have the 5v and ground, what could cause this?
did I need this connection? Or does the wire that runs from the pac controller to terminal B supply the 1.6v

the PAC green wire is an input

at the with key on , under the hood with map sensor connected you can slide a paperclip in to the backside of the map connector along side the wire and verify the 5v , grnd and that the map output at pin B is 1.6v

what if if is not 1.6v ?? I only see .015V. I took the car out for a spin and it seems to be spraying. the spray light is coming on now,where it was not since I swapped the dash. o2's are nice and high. I tried to wire it 2 ways and could not get the 1.6v. I have the green wire tapped in at the PIN(B) on MAP. is this correct? I had it on the green on the clear connector like in the pic, but still did not see the 1.6? am I missing something?

Alright I took a paperclip and slid it in to terminal B and it was 1.56v so I guess I am all set. I didnt realize you had to probe the pins with it plugged in.
thanks for the paperclip trick. :cool:

Searched, called and still lost

On an 86 T with digital dash does there need to be a vacuum line hooked up to the 3 bar MAP sensor once installed? Also if I choose to install the MAP sensor inside the car do I still have to tap TPS from under the hood or is there a source inside the dash somewhere? Also this Hobbs Switch that is under the hood, is this left alone completely? I've been reading and searching...my head is beginning to hurt:frown:

I think if I had a better understanding of what the 3 bar MAP sensor is doing and why it is needed I wouldnt be so confused. I understand its feeding the PAC some info needed to control Alky spray but what is it? Is it boost? TPS voltage? :confused:

Anyone have any pictures diagram's I'm a visual learner...lol

MAP=Manifold Air Pressure
Bar=14.7 PSI
3 BAR reads one bar vacuum, 2 bars boost. 2 bar boost =29.4 PSI

So a 3 bar MAP is kind of like a 15VAC-30PSI electronic boost guage.

So yes you need to hook a hose from the intake to the nipple on it, if not it cannot read boost.

Yes you need to supply it power and ground.

On a digital dash car, get rid of that hobbs switch on the fender.. unplug it. Then plug in the 3 prong connector there. Unhook the hose from the hobbs switch and hook it to the 3 bar nipple. That way you have your vacuum/boost source for it.

Now follow the instructions on the beginning of this thread and wire the 5volts to the gray wire and ground the black wire. And connect the green wire going to the PAC to the green wire on the 3 bar plug.

Hope this helps.

MAP=Manifold Air Pressure
Bar=14.7 PSI
3 BAR reads one bar vacuum, 2 bars boost. 2 bar boost =29.4 PSI

So a 3 bar MAP is kind of like a 15VAC-30PSI electronic boost guage.

So yes you need to hook a hose from the intake to the nipple on it, if not it cannot read boost.

Yes you need to supply it power and ground.

On a digital dash car, get rid of that hobbs switch on the fender.. unplug it. Then plug in the 3 prong connector there. Unhook the hose from the hobbs switch and hook it to the 3 bar nipple. That way you have your vacuum/boost source for it.

Now follow the instructions on the beginning of this thread and wire the 5volts to the gray wire and ground the black wire. And connect the green wire going to the PAC to the green wire on the 3 bar plug.

Hope this helps.

Question....does this ground have to be tapped from the TPS or can it be just a simple ground? I may need to do that part over in the morning:rolleyes:

Question....does this ground have to be tapped from the TPS or can it be just a simple ground? I may need to do that part over in the morning:rolleyes:

Ground is ground.

If your doing it under the hood, ground it to the bolt on the fender by the battery. If your under the dash, use the ECM ground or bolt that holds the dash up.

digital dash-3 bar map

Razor is on vacation this week, so I need some help. Just got my alky kit for 87 gn digital dash. I have turbo-link installed & working many years now. it has a weather tight harness connector that runs from the tps plug to the mototron 3 bar map. voltage at the harness end at the 3 bar unplugged is as follows. red has the 5+ volts. the black is grounded, but the green has 3+ volts. I see where it says go to the green behind glove box. went there but voltage is 3+ volts. need to get 1.6 somewhere> i am assuming the glovebox & orange below the boost guage is the same wire.also my hobbs switch is still plugged in & my 3 bar vacuum is connected to the original vac hookup next to the hobbs switch. after i get the 1.6 volts ( where ), do I need to do anything with the weathertite connector that runs from the tps to the 3 bar? also the orange/brown twisted wire from the turn on led is much smaller than the orange & brown comming from the pac. much smaller. are they to be connected?

Razor is on vacation this week, so I need some help. Just got my alky kit for 87 gn digital dash. I have turbo-link installed & working many years now. it has a weather tight harness connector that runs from the tps plug to the mototron 3 bar map. voltage at the harness end at the 3 bar unplugged is as follows. red has the 5+ volts. the black is grounded, but the green has 3+ volts. I see where it says go to the green behind glove box. went there but voltage is 3+ volts. need to get 1.6 somewhere> i am assuming the glovebox & orange below the boost guage is the same wire.also my hobbs switch is still plugged in & my 3 bar vacuum is connected to the original vac hookup next to the hobbs switch. after i get the 1.6 volts ( where ), do I need to do anything with the weathertite connector that runs from the tps to the 3 bar? also the orange/brown twisted wire from the turn on led is much smaller than the orange & brown comming from the pac. much smaller. are they to be connected?

just plug in your factory analog plug for the 3 bar map and unplu the hobs switch for the digital dash and go under the dash in the glove box and grab the foam covered plug and look at the upper right of the plug and there you will see from the outside map plug wires coming in they are conected there and where the plugs connect the other side there will be no wires.that is where the wires are to goto if you have a analog dash so connect the green wire to the pac green wire and connect the ground to the ground under the dash and the grey will go to c-14 pin on the computor harness. and ther you have it hope that helps. as for the brown and orange wires yes that is right

mr julio don i just installed another kit on a friends car and I LOVE THE NEW UPDATED ALKY KIT WITH WEATHERPACK CONNECTORS IT IS VERY STEALTH