3 bar map with digital dash

Im having trouble finding these connectors for the 3 bar map sensor. Are all of the connections the same for the 85 GN models as the 87 Digital Dash?:confused:

Im having trouble finding these connectors for the 3 bar map sensor. Are all of the connections the same for the 85 GN models as the 87 Digital Dash?:confused:

Yes. Same.

Is your trouble under the dash or under the hood?

digital dash 3 bar map

heres diagrams to help clear any confusion as to what connectors you need to find to make the jump and where they are in the car

ok i know where this is at.where are the wires that i jump these to? im confused.

You'll need a small section of black colored wire and a small section of gray colored wire. Actually "any" wire can be used since the MAP sensor has almost no current draw.

Gray on the 9 pin to TPS +5
Black on 9 pin to chassis ground
Green to PAC green

Thats it.

im getting 2.25 v at my map sensor (center) grn wire. key on engine off. and my analog dash boost gauge (stock) has always been off, it says im at 6lbs of boost at idle and when i hit gas it max's out. i have an auto meter boost gauge on A-pillar for accurate readings. is my map sensor bad?

im getting 2.25 v at my map sensor (center) grn wire. key on engine off. and my analog dash boost gauge (stock) has always been off, it says im at 6lbs of boost at idle and when i hit gas it max's out. i have an auto meter boost gauge on A-pillar for accurate readings. is my map sensor bad?

If your gray wire has 5.0 volts DC, and your black wire is ground.. you read 2.25 its either a 2 bar MAP at altitude or a bad 3 bar MAP.

2 bar at sea level reads 2.4, 3 bar at sea level reads 1.6. +- .05 volts

HTH

how do i know the diff between 2bar or 3bar? plz

Please re-read.. If you dont own a voltmeter.. then your in trouble :redface:

2 bar at sea level reads 2.4, 3 bar at sea level reads 1.6. +- .05 volts

HTH

im really bad at explaining myself in detail. :redface: what i meant was how do i know then if i have a bad 3 bar or a good 2 bar? is there any numbers on the exterior of the sensor that will tell me?

You need a voltmeter to test the sensor period. There is no other way than using my broken crystal ball. Don't take it the wrong way.
Have a great weekend.:)

Found this.. you can see the Green, Gray, and Black wires that are labeled "MAP BOOST" on the connector.

Attachments

• c434conn[1].jpg
    c434conn[1].jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 290
im really bad at explaining myself in detail. :redface: what i meant was how do i know then if i have a bad 3 bar or a good 2 bar? is there any numbers on the exterior of the sensor that will tell me?

the answer was a simple search away , if you'd searched 'map sensor id', its been posted here quite a few time over the years and my old posts here was the first hit using google

MAP sensor identification information GM 1 bar 2 bar 3 bar

if your stamped #s say its a 2 bar than you have your answer , if it says its a 3 bar butdoesnt give you the voltages of a functional 3bar as razor described (approx 1.6v with key on 0psi , 0v at -15psi vac ,approx 5v at ~30psi boost ) that the kit is looking for you will need to get another sensor
0psi/1.6v is easy to test motor off key on sensor plugged in to 5v with a ground connected
you can use a vac pump to test lower value and compressed air to test the upper

oh and because of these defective boost /tach modules i dont reccommend running the sensor off them as thats where the 5v source for the map sensor comes from .
if you have 5v fine but i like to run the map sensor as if you had a digital dash with the map power pulled off the tps 5v circuit of the ecm as this thread was started for from the beginning

that connector though neat looking is not the answer and wont work since it still doesnt have a 5v power source or ground . its designed for fast/xfi ecu using the caspers adapter box which has map plug under the dash and that plug and play adapter allows you to leave the map sensor in the stock underhood location
http://www.casperselectronics.com/store2/product_info.php?cPath=61_62_5_6_13&products_id=1457

if you cut off the map connector and wire the power and ground to the ecm wires it would work but do you really need it to make a simple splice of two wires

so much for that

seems we lost the pics and diagrams of where the connector is and what wires we need to splice
here they are

Attachments

• alky-dash--side-diagram.jpg
    alky-dash--side-diagram.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 177
  • clear dash connector.jpg
    clear dash connector.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 187
  • ecm lrg.jpg
    ecm lrg.jpg
    489.9 KB · Views: 173
  • alky map hookup.JPG