3" Dual Cat Back Systems

turbojoe1

Hey you Guys,
I'm getting further along with my car, and will need to complete my exhaust soon.
So here is what i'm thinking...

I really Like Marks (TRcustoms), and the identical to that, which a lot of other vendors sell.

I also really like the Dual cross flow Jason sells from RJC.

The RJC looks to weigh a little less, having one muffler and less pipe. But is close to/directly behind the gas tank.

Marks Looks KILLER......

What about weight~sound~performance~quality

Anyone running either of these?????? Opinions are welcomed

Thanks Joe

The GN1 polished dual 3 inch is very nice. It was the very first upgrade I ever made to my car along with a 3 inch downpipe.
Sounds great and fits great. I just bought the 4 inch RJC for my new engine but I'm putting the 3 inch away for another day. It's all I need to run THS someday.

The GN1 polished dual 3 inch is very nice. It was the very first upgrade I ever made to my car along with a 3 inch downpipe.
Sounds great and fits great. I just bought the 4 inch RJC for my new engine but I'm putting the 3 inch away for another day. It's all I need to run THS someday.

X2 on the GN1 exhaust.

I have the RJC and really like it. It isnt too loud, but sounds great. Installation was a little tricky, but I was doing it in my driveway.

NorEaster said:
I have the RJC and really like it. It isnt too loud, but sounds great. Installation was a little tricky, but I was doing it in my driveway.

How would you compare it to the GN1 kit mentioned above?

Thanks Joe

How would you compare it to the GN1 kit mentioned above?

Thanks Joe

No idea, never seen or heard one. They look great though.

This question about exhaust systems seems to come up about every 3 months. If you can wait, I will be getting my car out of its winter hibernation den the weekend after next, and I can take a few videos of the exhaust so every one can hear what it sounds like.

I actually have both. I have the GN1 installed on my GN - great quality and sound. I have not installed the RJC yet so I cannot speak on it. Both are very nice pieces

precizion818 said:
I actually have both. I have the GN1 installed on my GN - great quality and sound. I have not installed the RJC yet so I cannot speak on it. Both are very nice pieces

Well, for the sake of the Forum, and the fact that this question does come up every once in a while.

Would you be willing to bolt the RJC up and post pics and video of both exhaust systems?

This would be the perfect comparison being that its the same car for both kits. This would give us the best possible chance to see and hear any differences. As long as no other mods are done at the time.

Thanks Joe

I just changed from a dual 2.5in ATR to the 3in RJC crossflow system. I love the way it sounds, just as loud as the ATR but with a deeper, more aggressive tone. The 1800-2000rpm drone is still there but not as bad. My biggest complaint was that it fits like crap, even when installing on a lift. When I get my car back this weekend I'll take a new video and post it. I've heard the dual GN1 system on a friend's car and it was almost the same as the ATR. He swapped to dynomax vt's to quiet it down.

I have the rjc and love the sound. I wouldn't say it's quiet it just doesn't drone. I had 2.5 magnaflows on the car before the rjc. When I first put the system on I was disappointed that it wasn't louder when I was driving but what I realized was that its noisy outside the car but inside the car what's missing is the drone from the magnaflows. I like the sound. Installation was challenging trying to get the muffler in position between the girdle and the gas tank.

turbojoe1 said:
Can anyone compare the Pypes system with any of the mentioned kits so far?

Thanks Joe

I just installed a Pypes system last week on a local car. Not impressed. The tailpipes are too short so you have to drill new holes in the frame behind the tires. The hardware is a joke. They send it with what looks like sheet metal screws. Gotta supply your own bolts and nuts. The pipes weren't exactly even either. I had a difficult time getting the mufflers to hang even. I guess it's an ok system for the money but I like my
Cottons 3inch dual system much better. Not sure if he even makes them anymore.

I have the GN1 dual 3 inch and for what its worth my car runs the same et thru the mufflers as it does with the cut out open...They sounds great too!

Cotton's dual 3" in stainless with Magaflows. Fitment was really good, installed in my garage on jack stands. Yes, it has the drone.