3 GNX's at Barrett-Jackson This Weekend

nick19

Just some info to pass on. Gnx with 24k sold on Thur. for 66k not incl. buyers and sellers fees, tonight one with 1200miles will be available and Sat. one with 275miles that I believe was in a museum in Germany will be auctioned as well . Any opinions or thoughts on prices or the market in general post a comment it makes for good conversation about our cars. Here's my prediction, 85k and 100,000k , What do you think they will sell for ?

so that $66K is now $72600 with buyers premium,
plus other costs, probably close to $75K.
plus tax Now $77680
so much for all the "I can buy em all day under $60K" as said by the wanna bee's, who will NEVER own one !

hope to see them get back to where they should be at.

I think your very close on your predictions.

I was there yesterday when a 40,000 mile TTA went for $22.5, it was a nice car with new leather on the seats. Also the owner told me that the other TTA around 20,000 miles went for $18,000. That car was on sale locally with a salvage title for around $12k. Rumor is that it sold for $10k. A friend was interested but did not buy it, kind of kicking himself about the profit it could have brought..

I know one that sold local with 6000 miles was sold for 100K a few years ago.

I have 142 with 242 miles, and think the one with 275 miles will go for 90k after fees.
Just my thought...

so that $66K is now $72600 with buyers premium,
plus other costs, probably close to $75K.
plus tax Now $77680
so much for all the "I can buy em all day under $60K" as said by the wanna bee's, who will NEVER own one !

hope to see them get back to where they should be at.

I think your very close on your predictions.

It's always interesting to see what the low mileage cars go for. Overall I guess X owners like to see the values high, especially on the low mileage cars, people looking to get into the X' markets wishing the values would take a dive. One thing I can say is that in fact these cars with 50 000+ miles do sell in the $60 range even $40's and the cheapest I've ever seen was a GNX in Ontario in the $30's back in 2008'.

Auction results Buick gnx sold $88000.00 not sure the miles but it does show the vin.
Probably this one for that price.

1987 Buick Regal GNX never road registered, just 287 miles from new and is one of only 547 built. This GNX is offered in virtually untouched, "time warp" condition, built by ASC/McLaren with Garrett turbocharging.

Barrett-Jackson Lot: 1024 - 1987 BUICK GNX 2 DOOR COUPE

Lot Number: 1024

Auction: SCOTTSDALE 2012
Sale Type: NO RESERVE
Price: *$88,000.00
Year: 1987
Make: BUICK
Model: GNX
Style: 2 DOOR COUPE
VIN: 1G4GJ1171HP448811
Exterior Color: BLACK
Interior Color: GRAY
Cylinders: 6
Engine Size: 3.8 L
Transmission: AUTOMATIC
Summary: Buick GNX #275 of 547 produced. Rare and highly collectible. Only 1,200 miles since new. Preserved in a climate controlled environment.
Details: Buick GNX #275 of 547 produced. Rare and highly collectible. Only 1,200 miles on this example since new and still retains all of its original paint, interior, tires, exhaust and options. Documented with original ASC Window Sticker, special numbered hard cover book, GNX Jacket and hat, original owners packet with manual. Has been in climate controlled storage from new. A real supercar, extremely fast.
Share Tools:
StumbleUponEmailShareThis*
Updated.......

my thoughts on bj auction...

look at me.
im on tv
i have way more $$$ than you.
look what i just paid for this one.

its called"status"

I do enjoy watching Bj but, I say the same thing every year way to many commercials. It drives me nuts!

It's nice to see that some cars are changing hands. There was a time period for about 5-6 years when no GNX's crossed the auction block at Barrett Jackson.

It's always interesting to see what the low mileage cars go for. Overall I guess X owners like to see the values high, especially on the low mileage cars, people looking to get into the X' markets wishing the values would take a dive. One thing I can say is that in fact these cars with 50 000+ miles do sell in the $60 range even $40's and the cheapest I've ever seen was a GNX in Ontario in the $30's back in 2008'.

I tried to buy a GNX that Kirban had back in 06 I believe, 17x,xxx miles for 13k. I was too late...paid 4k more than that for my 87GN.

Bryan

I tried to buy a GNX that Kirban had back in 06 I believe, 17x,xxx miles for 13k. I was too late...paid 4k more than that for my 87GN.

Bryan

Me too :p Traveling salesman had it and used it as a DD.... I have that Grand News article somewhere... Damn I miss the Grand News... and hey Old Man.... I think it was like 2001:eek:

Me too :p Traveling salesman had it and used it as a DD.... I have that Grand News article somewhere... Damn I miss the Grand News... and hey Old Man.... I think it was like 2001:eek:

2001? are you sure? I got Sometimers disease...I am not old...:biggrin:
Actually I think he was a GM mechanic, all I know is when I emailed Dennis he said there was a deposit on it already and that there were several people ahead of me.

Bryan

Actually I think he was a GM mechanic, all I know is when I emailed Dennis he said there was a deposit on it already and that there were several people ahead of me.

Bryan

Unfortunately the last 86 GN I had I let the guy have all my old Grand News.... I will email Dennis. Curiosity Got me now.

Bryan

I have a good memory! Here is a PM from Dennis today :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is the real info...it was the first GNX I sold of the 8 I sold I sold it in 2001 3rd car that year so I probably sold it in the spring time. The original owner was a sales guy came out of Alexandria VA he bought a Lexus dealer did not want the GNX as trade....I had 2 local buddies with turbo cars turn it down offered it to them for 13 grand....

I sold oit for $13,900 guy flew in drove it home to either tenn or ky can;t member which ran trouble free. A while back I heard from a guy in I think Texas who is restoring that car...he ran a car fax and it shows that after I owne it or rather O Neil Buick as I bought under their Buick dealership license....it somehow went back o Phildelphia area and I think the Texas guy bought it from that person.

Everything up to when I sold it to the guy in TN or KY is a fact....after that I am going by what this person in Texas told me about a year or so ago.

It was probably the cheapest original GNX sold from a single owner...even the power antenna still worked drivers seat and steering wheel were badly worn you replace them and interior would have been darn close to perfect....

Not smoked in and never hit....exterior repaint would have made it perfect./...

GNX's were pretty cheap in 2001. Could have bought a GNX in August of 2001 with 500 "exercise miles" for $30K. Decided to buy the latest and greatest Z06 instead (please no negative comments here, I have heard them all before and hindsite is always 20/20). Market pretty much took off from there. I think 07 was the highest point for these cars. The last few years have seen values slide. BJ Auctions mean nothing to me ever since I saw some dingbat lady pay nearly double for an ortherwise stock Viper with some miles. There is no rhyme or reason to what those bidders are paying for those cars. They must not know the market, or have more money than they know what to do with, because if they just bought them on the regular market, they could save a ton of dough. O well. Guess some people have more money than brains.