3" Up Pipe with 4" MAF Pipe

REGL8R

Just installed these... the Up pipe is angled down towards the throttle body, I dont like it at all.

Do you need to run a plenum spacer to get more room?

Umm okay my turbo has a 4" inlet and I wanted to get the same color up pipe. The bigger pipes aren't hurting anything.

What spacer do I need? I only see rjc racing one for bgc intake

I've never had this problem, but you can't cut the bottom of the up pipe at the intercooler to shorten it? Maybe start at the throttle body lined up right and figure out where you'd need to cut to fit it to the intercooler. Just a thought, a lot easier than a plenum spacer.

Looks like it was one of mine that you bought. Looked up your email. If the pipe is seated all the way in the connector, try pushing it down on the intercooler outlet a bit more. Worse comes to worse you MIGHT have to lop a bit off the pipe at the intercooler connection. Shouldn't be any need for a spacer.

Okay... I pushed the pipe closer to the throttle body and it did make an improvement. It looks as though it will be okay, but take a look and see what you guys think. This is all with a 6765 turbo fyi.

You can see how it is still angled down and the up pipe sits pretty high up (side view of car).

Attachments

• buick.jpg
    buick.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 122
  • buick2.jpg
    buick2.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 155
  • buick3.jpg
    buick3.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 125
Can't really tell by those shots.:confused: You do realize there are two different lengths on the legs of the pipe right? Shorter leg goes towards intercooler. If it still turns out to be a bit too long and you can't cut it yourself, send it back to me and I will take care of it for you and send it back.

I'm positive the pipe is the right way and cutting it would make it worse IMO. The 4" pipe is making the up pipe sit high up which means I need to angle it down a little bit at the throttle body. Honestly I think its going to be okay, I'm just a perfectionist I guess lol.

Thanks for the customer support and great looking products btw.