350z

It's pleasant when younger people recognize older cars as being nice. I kept having people ask if my TTA had a V8 in it.

Tell me about it, I was having my car detailed and the kid guy wiping it down as I walked up to it said "Nice car, the kids over there were talking about how their imports would smoke it." He then said "Dumb kids, I know what these cars have just stock, and yours don't exactly look stock anymore" I just laughed and told him "that's ok, just let them keep thinking that, I'll catch them at a light sooner or later" :cool:

I come from an import background. Mostly Rx7's (411rwhp in a 2200lb car w/driver, goes pretty good). So I know where they are comming from. I have always gone for the underdog as well. Imports are the underdog. Domestics created Horsepower and continue to out do the imports
(Japenese).

This is what is impressive to me.
When I was test driving my GN for the first time. I came across four young guys in a suburu wrx. They were hanging out the window, yelling and giving me thumbs up.

I have known this car and what it has since I was 16. I believe that this car
connects to the muscle car group as well as the import group. That is why I like it so much.
I finally wanted a muscle car. I have always had turbo cars. Now I have both.
I love it!

Re: my comments about the350z being a supercar. I've been thinking about it.
If a supercar is a Lambo, Ferrari, Porsche, Saleen, Factory Five GTM. The Nissan is not a super car. It is in the sports car category.

I have no problem with imports as long as they are tasteful and well engineered and the drivers show respect and not act like jackasses. Nothing pisses me off when a ricer makes excuses for getting beat when they everyone knows they should have lost.

yup. domestic "sports car" owners can give ricers a run for their money on being jackasses sometimes... mustang and camaro drivers come to mind!!!

i also like to see an underdog win... it makes me smile when i see a boosted honda take down some guy everybody thinks is fast, like an ls-1 or something. the fact that so many import owners are complete ricers makes the ones who aren't stand out i guess.

actually, most of my friends who are into auto performance drive imports. some are into muscle though. i am kind of the oddball who hangs out with everybody. the imports like the buick b/c it's boosted, and the muscle guys like it because it's an old GM with lots of torque i guess. i'd say between the two communities, more of the domestic guys are into serious performance, while most of the imports are all about their fugly cosmetic crap and useless performance stuff, like throwing a header and an intake on a 1.5 and thinking its fast. however, domestic guys are more likely to buy a car that's sort of fast stock, like a GT or an SS or something and think they're king of the road.