3800 series 2 mount kit for gbody/s10

Its been awhile. If i remember correctly I think you need to notch something on the frame with the F-body setup.

Have to check not sure

Sent while waiting for boost to build...

I have engines here and some turbo stuff tuning will be easy if ya have 98 or 99 camaro Ecu and hp tuners...

I'm however thinking on a powerglide or th350 or 400. (Depends whats finished when I'm ready for it)

Since this is more of a race build then anything I'm not so much worried about gas mileage and drive ability.

I have an adapter so you can cut off the bell and use the 3800 4l60 bell as a direct bolt on or transmission adapters has a adapter kit to chevy bolt pattern. I would not recommend but will work. It moves everything under the car back 2" and has a spacer for the flywheel.

I have a full 98 camaro v6/4l60 setup and was just gonna swap that straight in and go from there.

Howevere figure out the other trans issues if I can

Hey Lonnie , I've been thinking about running the 86-7 acc set up too. Obviously the biggest problem is the water pump neck/ side it exits. The way you have it, you have any thoughts on how your going to route it. I was looking at setting up a totally custom set up, but haven't gotten that far yet.

If you look at the front cover you will see the inlet passage for the water pump runs all the way threw to the other side where the water piping for the heater is. I cut the inlet pipe off closed it up and moved to the other side under the turbo. To make it easier you could just weld on a -22 or 24 fitting on the passenger side for the water inlet and use a AN lower hose. I used a mezier electric water pump as I was going to need to make a water pump pulley and did not want to get that involved.

Awsome thanks Lonnie ,I'll make it work. I'm going to look into the screw in or weld in fitting.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Nice to see more effort on this, looks good Lonnie! I built Codys 85 GN with the S2 3800 and will be working more on this again as I will be going to turbo on my L67 (supercharged 3800 S2) 86 Cutlass over the winter while it is down. Good to see the mounts can be made to work on the stock frame mounts. Cody had those mounts on his old 3.8 and seemed like a better idea to sell them since they aren't too cheap and use the Olds mounts I have used in the past with a spacer which works out nice and is an alternative. Goat- sorry I have been so slow on the mounts! This is something I will be working on soon and just fabbed up custom mounts for another project and found some bushings that I am happy with though I may look into a softer poly compound.

Trans wise- I have worked with Precision Industries on a number of one-off custom converters for various 3800 S2 setups and if there is a market for this to retain the 200-4R transmission and run the S2 3800 engine then I have no doubt they can make a new custom billet cover to make this a bolt-in upgrade with a engine to trans adapter plate.

I ran into the same issues with a stock Fbody upper intake when I built Codys car and at the time did not have the availability of a tig to modifiy it and retain the factory brackets. Not a big deal on his car though as the AC was already yanked and it has hydraboost.

To use the Fbody AC compressor setup you do have to notch the frame- I did this on my 86 Cutlass and boxed it back in to give it clearance and support. New AC lines have to be made to do this. The older style AC compressor that came on the GN would work well with custom brackets back to the drivers side if you wanted to use it along with newer style accessories.

LOTS of options and hard to settle on any one thing and I guess that is why I never really pushed forward much with this, just too hard to make a one-fits-all setup especially going with the OBDII pcm and custom harness but the drivability end of the car is night and day with the newer pcm and the OBDII port for tuning and logging data is great to have.

Good luck on the progress on your car Lonnie!

Thanks for all the info you provided. It helped a bunch. If I can return the favor you are more than welcome to give me a call or drop me an email. I agree there are many ways to skin this cat.

Just talked to a friend and he has a couple 3800s and an extra 3800 fbody top end. He is also considering turbo. I know there is a market for the fbody for sure. I would think the headers and downpipe would be able to be made to fit gbody and fbody. I'm thinking if I ever need another engine I will go this route since I already have some parts available to me and 3800s and v6 fbodies are much easier to find around here than a rwd buick v6. What's the chances of someone making header and dp kits?

Oh yeah, I know they are Australian, but those Holden manifolds what is the year, model they came off?
Did you change pistons or you run it as is?

Oh yeah, I know they are Australian, but those Holden manifolds what is the year, model they came off?
Did you change pistons or you run it as is?
I am told its from the ecotech 3800. You can run as is but i would change pistons.

Sent from my SGH-S959G using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Hey, Lonnie . Were you planning on running the bottom radiator hose up small side on the water pump/cover right? You think there would be enough flow to keep engine cool? Looking at welding a fitting on and necking up one to fit the hose from radiator.

I think so. Water neck looks small but if you look behind the cover both sides are close in size. Its also larger than the an hose ID.

I think so. Water neck looks small but if you look behind the cover both sides are close in size. Its also larger than the an hose ID.

LONNIE
PLEASE CONTACT ME !!!

BRYAN