3rd gear shift coming in way to soon

87RegalT

Any Ideas?
The 1-2 shift hits good and hard,but,the 3rd gear comes in way too soon. What can I do to change the shift point for 3rd ?
I bought the trans off E-bay about 5-mos. ago and is a new rebuilt TCI
2004r and was never installed. It is the #381000 off of there website built for the Turbo Regal.
I have not hammered the car off the line just normal take offs.

TV cable set correctly?
You said that the 1-2 hits hard, but what mph does it shift at with light throttle?

The 1-2 is at 18-20 MPH the 3rd comes in almost imediatley at about 23-24 MPH.I have adjusted the TV cable but it does not change the imediate shift of 3rd.
This is all normal take offs,I didn't want to stand on it until I figure out the
3rd gear shift deal.

Are you sure it's not the convertor locking when it shifts to 2nd? Almost by your description is what it sounds like.

Same deal with the plug unplugged.....I've tried the TV cable again and it is hunting at low speeds between 2-3. That is if I just creep away down the street it does the hunting between 2-3. If I shift manually from 2-3 it hits imediatley when I shift.Is it possible to change when the 2-3 shift comes in at?

Solenoid could be stuck so unplugging the wiring wouldn't have any effect. Does it kind of chug like a stick in too high of gear?

Yes , I felt like it is "hunting" the 2or3 gear (if that's the correct terrminology)
Chugging