4 Cylinder Turbo'd Pinto Index Car

I knew Buddy Ingersol when he had his Pinto. All done thru a 4bbl carb, no alky.
It was the modified eliminator terror!
He was one of the most laid-back guys I've ever known.
"Ohio George" Montgomery had one, also. It, like all his other cars, were winners.
That Pinto could easily be in the low 9's with just a little "help".

Growing up my brother and his friends had Turbo Buicks. I didn't have any money so I had a Turbo Coupe. I actually had 6 turbo coupes and 2.3T powered vehicles. They're a lot of fun. I always wanted to build a Turbo 2.3 Pinto but by the time I could, I realized I'd rather mess with Turbo Buicks.

This used to be the nicest one around in the 90's. I think his name was Joe Morgan and it ran 10.0 also. I wonder if it's the same car.

Attachments

• bluepinto.jpg
    bluepinto.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 34
I'm NOT bashing the guy, like you said "Gotta Give Him Credit" for taken the worse American car, and dominating the track with it, with a inline4, I'm just thinking about the story of bragging with your friends and family, on beating Hemi's, Corvettes, Lambo's, and then tell them you got beat by a Pinto, or a DeLorean would be too funny

That's either Joe Morgan or Joe Laramee. They both have some fast 4bangers. AKAIK, they're running the tall deck motors bored and stroked to 2.9L...from the stock 2.3. Turboford.org was the go-to message board, but I haven't been able to access it for a long time. Fred House is another fast one, but he runs a fiberglass bodied Turbocoupe. Fours wild I think is its name. I have an aluminum head/solid roller 2.5 stroker in my 88 Turbocoupe, but it's nowhere near these guys level. It might be in the mid 300s at the tire. Attached is a pic I've had on my computer for ages...it's a 700HP Ford Lima based 2.3, but not sure of its displacement. Put that in a 2500ish # Pinto and you've got yourself a damn rocket!

700HP2.3T.jpg