4" MAF sensor/ MAF pipe

Man you still have not got that 6.25 in the mail yet?\\

If you need one here soon I have one i'm not using,if I can find it!
What are your symtoms with 6.24? Does it cut out and stumble when you get above 7-12 lbs and idle eradic with BLM #'s everywhere?

Wait a minute....have you been driving my car? :eek: :p
Man, that is EXACTLY what it does, to the TEE.
I also have an issue with O2 numbers plummeting the moment I roll into boost.

WOW, am I tired of this.

I've been driving it like a grandma.

Yeeee Haaa!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, Bob! :biggrin:

I'll be watching for the mailman like a hawk.

I can hear my baby in the garage gasping and coughing with a muffled, "Thank you".

Holy cow am I excited.

I'm off work today so getting it installed and tweaked a bit is a REAL good possibility.

Thanks, Bob.

I received and installed my 6.25, too.

Starts, idles and cruises better than 6.24 for sure but O2's and BLM's are still all over the place.

Whether it's Translator-related or not, I'm having boost fueling issues as well.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Can you drive your car?

Yes, I can drive it.
As long as I stay out of boost, it's fine.

What's your Translator set on BASE and WOT?

I have a TT chip set at "9" BASE and No. 5 on WOT (10% rich).
Whether that's right or not for you, at least it made mine driveable.

Kinda like driving a NA 3.8 Regal with a lot of fancy turbo decals and emblems all over it. :mad:

Yes, I can drive it.
As long as I stay out of boost, it's fine.

What's your Translator set on BASE and WOT?

I have a TT chip set at "9" BASE and No. 5 on WOT (10% rich).
Whether that's right or not for you, at least it made mine driveable.

Kinda like driving a NA 3.8 Regal with a lot of fancy turbo decals and emblems all over it. :mad:

I am using the extreme set-up. I have the base set at "9". I didn't touch my WOT, never got that far. My car has very high BLM's. I may try that change but I more than likely will put my old LS1 MAF and 4" pipes back on the car to see where I am at. I know about the feeling like driving a NA regal. My car feels like a yugo, I can't even spin a tire let alone get out the way.

I thought everything was nailed down,

I am going to put my translator back in the car tomorrow, I will post the results.

B

Bill (Missouri T),
You're close to me, so I'm going to send you the MAF sensor out of my pipe just for grins. At least maybe we can rule that out. It's working good on my car. You should get it maybe Saturday or Monday.

Regards,
Eric

MIB is going to try changing his dipswitch tomorrow and see if it helps.

Bob

Bill (Missouri T),
You're close to me, so I'm going to send you the MAF sensor out of my pipe just for grins. At least maybe we can rule that out. It's working good on my car. You should get it maybe Saturday or Monday.

Regards,
Eric

Folks, now read Eric's paragraph again......
Who else in this business would go so far as to do that for a customer having problems with his or her Regal?

Eric never ceases to amaze me with his service.

Thanks again,
Bill

When I went to install the maf sensor on/into the 4" pipe mount I noticed that there is a small gap between the metal bolt ears on the sensor and seating in the maf mount of the pipe, so I found two small round flat washers that filled that space with just a few thousands of clearance so the sensor would be snug but would not bend or flex the ears on the sensor even if you crank the bolts down tight.
"Just a thought" don't know how it's constructed inside but I don't think putting a bend or strain on the ears of the sensor would hurt it. I do think the sensor was designed to bolt up flush to it's OEM mount without a strain thou.

Screenshot

Drove 6.25 this AM, attached is a screenshot.

A little wheelspin is visible at about 65mph as it shifted into third.

Pulled cleanly, no issues. 20+ PSI Extender Extreme with 93 octane.

Switches: dipswitch = on on on on, base = 9 WOT = 0.

Bob

Attachments

• wot with 6.25.jpg
    wot with 6.25.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 123
When I went to install the maf sensor on/into the 4" pipe mount I noticed that there is a small gap between the metal bolt ears on the sensor and seating in the maf mount of the pipe, so I found two small round flat washers that filled that space with just a few thousands of clearance so the sensor would be snug but would not bend or flex the ears on the sensor even if you crank the bolts down tight.
"Just a thought" don't know how it's constructed inside but I don't think putting a bend or strain on the ears of the sensor would hurt it. I do think the sensor was designed to bolt up flush to it's OEM mount without a strain thou.

Should be fine.

depends on the car.

A car slower than 12.0 will pick up a little power. faster cars will realize a larger difference.

Spoolup is enhanced some on the larger turbos (I have a 6776RSH, a bit big)

Bob

depends on the car.

A car slower than 12.0 will pick up a little power. faster cars will realize a larger difference.

Bob

Spool up is markedly improved.
Where if I rolled into the throttle before, I'd start around 2 PSI.
Now in the same scenario I'm at 5, then it shoots up to max. REAL quick.

Besides, it sounds like a low-flying F-18 now! :biggrin:

Now if I could only get it to start fueling under boost I could stay into the throttle and see what happens. ARRRGH! :mad:

depends on the car.

Bob

Thanks for the information Bob!