42.5's or 60# injectors?

mearly65

I'm looking to upgrade my chip and injectors but can't decide whether to go with 42.5's or 60's. My car is basically stock with the only upgrades being a Walbro 340 with a hotwire, Accu-Fab regulator, Pypes dual exhaust with a hollowed out cat, and an F-body radiator. I just rebuilt my stock turbo about 1,000 miles ago so I plan on holding on to that for awhile. What are everyone's thoughts on those two injectors? Pro's and cons? Thanks

had both injectors with tt chips they run really good.you must choose based off horsepower goals.on the stock combo like yours the 42 is overkill.

I would go with the 60's just in case you upgrade later you already have injectors that would feed alot of the turbos. With the chip burned to the injector you wont notice a diffrence between the two.
But with you being stock I personaly wouldnt waste money on injectors unless they were bad.

vic

So, vkasm, you're saying to skip the injectors and just buy a newer chip? The only reason I was going to upgrade was because my chip is original and I've never read anything good about running a stock chip 25 years after the car was built. As far as I know my injectors are still good. I've never had them flow tested or anything. I want the new chip because the car will stall out on cold mornings and I hear that it helps with overall driveability also. I was planning on getting a chip from TurboTweak. Would the 5.7 chip be a good fit for my stock injectors?

I have a TT chip for my 30# injectors. My car is basically stock with just the average breathing & cooling improvements. I just installed a new FMIC that is very large. My car now runs lean & I'm thinking that my injectors are to small. I was able to speak with Eric at TurboTweek once & I asked about the various injectors. It sounds like the 60's with a matching chip is the way to go. If you plan to add any hard parts you should discuss this with your chip burner so they can attempt to take that into account. That may prevent you from needing another chip burned at a later date.

Do you have a ScanMaster yet? If you don't plan to change your combo any you may be just fine with a new chip. Do pick up a ScanMaster if you don't have one. You can buy both at TT.

Good luck
~JM~

Go with the 60#'s. That way, you are covered for future improvements, such as a bigger turbo, better intercooler, etc.

So, vkasm, you're saying to skip the injectors and just buy a newer chip? The only reason I was going to upgrade was because my chip is original and I've never read anything good about running a stock chip 25 years after the car was built. As far as I know my injectors are still good. I've never had them flow tested or anything. I want the new chip because the car will stall out on cold mornings and I hear that it helps with overall driveability also. I was planning on getting a chip from TurboTweak. Would the 5.7 chip be a good fit for my stock injectors?

If you are running low boost and a stock turbo and you have no problem with your stock injectors then there is no need to change them. A chip will free up some horsepower by the programmer adjusting fuel and timming according to what upgrades and modifications the car has. A chip will not fix a problem of stalling when cold atleast I would not expect it too. I would get the chip to get the most power from what I have and not to fix a stalling problem. The turbo tweak 5.7 chip will work good and comes with some nice features for you to fine tune if you wanted to. Make sure you know and are ok with all the adjustments that he does such as turning of the EGR. You should talk to him to find out what else he adjusts.

On the stalling when cold I would check for vacume leaks and or anything that helps the computer adjust air fuel mixture such as MAF, ECT, IAT and IAC.
You should also start another thread with stalling when cold problem to see if anyone has any suggestions.

vic