4th gear lock up

huntsg

Can someone tell me if adding a 4th gear lock up pressure switch is a good idea? What are the benefits? I have a rebuilt stock transmission. Thanks.

4th Gear Pressure Switch

:confused: Your Trans should already have a 4th Pr. switch installed. It's part of the TCC Lockup circuit, when the Trans shifts to 4th gear, pressure activates the Switch which completes the circuit = -Ground to the TCC Solenoid and TCC Lockup occurs.
Using the Lockup TC drops the Engine speed by about 150-200rpm @cruise speed, = better MPG.
GN's also have a 3rd Gear Pr. switch for TCC Lockup in 3rd.

TCC = TorqueConverterClutch

Maybe I'm confused. I've been having lock up issues, lately once the car was warm it would bog down (RPMs would drop right after shift) shifting from 1st to 2nd and then 2nd to 3rd under normal load. Then when slowing down for a light it wouldn't shift at the right time, almost feeling like a standard transmission that needed the clutch depressed. Someone told me that this is more than likely the TCC solenoid going bad and causing it to lock up and not be able to unlock. By adding this (700R4 Transmission upshift sleeve Superior K013) kit it would only allow lock up in 4th gear and any downshift or pressing of the brake would release it from lock up.