5 psi and it shuts down

Sinister CO

So I was just going over the various settings on my car, trying to make sure everything is looking good for the year. When I took it out for a spin and started to build boost, it just fell on its face at about 5 psi. There is a trouble code for low MAT readings. Would that be enough to cause this problem? I have a commander chip and thought I read somewhere that it ignored that sensor.

Do you have a fuel pressure gauge ? What is base pressure ? Is FP rising 1 for 1 with boost ? Do you have a Scan Master ? We need more info to help.

I will double check the waste gate tomorrow. It's 45 base rising as it should. I'm old school and have direct scan. I will get a log tomorrow and take a closer look.

What condition is the turbo inlet hose and couplers in.....I have seen things get sucked shut
when the boost comes on and the compressor inlet pressure goes negative.

First thing that comes to mind is starving for fuel.

Is it possible the chip is in valet mode?

No valet mode on this one. I'm picking up the new sensor after work so if the rain holds off I'll throw that on and see what happens.

So I was just going over the various settings on my car, trying to make sure everything is looking good for the year. When I took it out for a spin and started to build boost, it just fell on its face at about 5 psi. There is a trouble code for low MAT readings. Would that be enough to cause this problem? I have a commander chip and thought I read somewhere that it ignored that sensor.

If it's setting the code for the MAT sensor then it is not ignoring it.