50pph injectors other than MSD??

turbov6joe

Signal 1 J-12
Other than Delphi, what other 50pph injectors are available??? Likes/Dislikes of these others??? The MSD are quite expensive when compared to the Delphi, is this a case of "get what you paid for"?

TIA

?? Delphi=MSD=Delphi=MSD ??

You steer to an uncommon injector you steer into the unproven/unknown risk when it comes to chip programming.

What Chad is trying to tell you, is that Delphi makes the 50 pouners for MSD. If you want 'em cheap, go to the Racetronix web site and order them there.

But, listen to Chad, he's right. You can't go wrong with a proven injector/chip combo.

Erik Frederiksen

I had MSD 50's in the GN I just sold for the last 4 years and had GREAT luck with them. I ran into that racetroxix website the other night and saw what they were selling the Delphi 50's for and was quite impressed to say the least! If Delphi makes the MSD's, then why the $200 difference in favor of the Delphi 50's??? IMHO the MSD's are linear enough to be run in any street car as well as a mid 10 second combo (I proved that). I know folks that have OE turbos and jump straight from OE injectors to the 50's with good luck. I have made the mistake in the past of constantly having to upgrade to larger injectors as my combo grows more HP. This go around I intend to jump from OE to 50's and grow into them. My only concern is that my current 50's chip might be pounding them too hard for an OE turbo (only temporary):) I guess what I'm trying to find out about the Delphi 50's is their running characteristics...Ie...are they lazy???....are they puddlers???, is their spray pattern much like the MSD's???...etc...

turbov6joe
They are the same injector. As Chad said MSD= Delphi.
The reason for the price difference is that you are paying for the name.
The Rochester division of GM makes the ball type injector for OE applications as well as the larger flow race types for MSD. These use a ball and socket arrangement. These have excellent atomization and a wide spray pattern.

Paul

Sleeper is right on the money. The characteristics of the 50 pounders are great...that's why I ordered them. I currently have the 30 lb green stripes, and can't start my car without having both garage doors up and a big ass fan blowing. The 30's make your eyes water and begin the onset of black lung, while the 50's have a pleasant idle. The difference is night and day.

Erik

Since I put the 50's in both my cars they idle better than stock and have been getting 27 mpg on the highway. BLM's are about perfect 128 across the board with Extender chip.