53 Corvette with a Buick Turbo v6

RatFink

PutTheNeedleOnTheRecord!
Really nice 53 Vette in Bowling Green at Buick Nationals with a Buick Turbo motor. The motor bay was done to resemble the original look of a 53 vette. Very cool
oldvette4.jpg

oldvette5.jpg

oldvette3.jpg

oldvette2.jpg

oldvette.jpg

NICE!!!!! There was a 67 ChevyII Nova couple years back in a chevy mag with a GN motor that thing was SICK:biggrin: I'll see if I can find any pics of it

That is one of the coolest transplants I have ever seen. What a clever idea !!! Would love to know how much money is in that car...

Wow! That must really piss off the Corvette purists.:biggrin:

Wow! That must really piss off the Corvette purists.:biggrin:

Just picture it with slicks and the front tires off the ground. We can even paint the sidewall of the M/T's solid white so they blend with the fronts.;)

That 53 is for me.

The detailing is impeccable it does look like it came as OE. That is one Cherry Vette baby blue doghouse,valve covers, whitewalls and all...With that lil power6's torque he probably can blow the hubcaps off her. One of the nicest Chevy models one could have put a LC2 into next to a Chevy2. The straight 6 in them cars were ANEMIC: An LC2 in a 66-67 Nova would be a dream come true. Had a 67 and a 65 SS . Wish I had either one as I'd hack this GN up and trick out the Nova in a Heartbeat.:eek: Would rather have a flying Shoebox then a flying Brick.;) Here's a Nostalgic Firestone 2.5"Whitewall Slick to hang on the rear with the dog dish hubcaps. The rims would have to be red of coarse, mini tubbed so the slicks would be well within the wheel well.

I spoke to the owner at last year's GS Nationals and suggested he attend the Corvette meet in Bowling Green just to see what reaction there would be his Buick powered kit car.

i still dont get the whole GN-corvette thing. it never made sense to me since one is a sports car and one was straightline go fast car. i like hatin on mustangs a lot more cause every 5.Slow owner thinks they are the s***.

I believe it's the hp thing. Turbo Buicks were rated lower so not to hurt the Corvette owners feelings but we all know the little 6 got more.

yah thats why chevy killed the grand national because gm wanted the corvette to be the top dog and it was getin beat by the under dog v6

In the 1989 Car & Driver, they tested the 89 Turbo T/A, but the Corvette ZR-1 was on the cover, titled "Corvette from Hell" with Jason in a hockey mask climbing out. The TTA was bumped in favor of the ZR-1. The ZR-1 wasn't officially released or actually in production until 1990. So the 89 TTA was the fastest domestic production car for 1989 but the ZR-1 which wasn't actually available bumped it for the cover spot. Did someone in the Vette camp have any hand in this? Personally, I've street raced a ZR-1. They may be real fancy, but not so quick.:cool:

yah thats why chevy killed the grand national because gm wanted the corvette to be the top dog and it was getin beat by the under dog v6
i don't think chevy killed it. GM just got stupid and killed the whole g-body line. weather or not they made 88 monte and cutlass the last gbody to roll off the line was an 87 GN. Gm thought wrong wheel drive was the way to go....of course they were wrong. i still like corvettes for what they are and i like GNs for what they are. Straightline...its all GN handling, aero dynamics, braking...goes to the vette. i'm tellin you man...its not corvettes that are out there messing with GN's on the street, its stupid 5.slow mustangs with flowmasters...its fbodies, its rice burners..