???

turbov6joe

Signal 1 J-12
Any of you guys notice that ratcheting your shifter causes the knock detector to go off? When I release my T brake the Scanmaster almost always shows KR between 20-30 mph, with no audible knock being noticed. Any ideas???

Tranny brake huh..ya mean a stage rite for the 200..well..that only affects the immediate launch and at 20 mph is something banging somewhere..like motor mount,torque arm..etc..your shifter wont cuase the knock detector to go off.

Plus your one two shift should happen around 40 mph..so..I cant think of anything at 20 unless its something physically banging..

Do you have the knock recorded on direct scan to see if something might be dropping off?

FWIW,last december I had a tranny brake installed and cut a 1.69 60 foot on Nittos at Orlando Speed World..stock pretty much everything..The brake tho was cuasing me to lose 2-3 mph on the top end..very strange..

I can actually sit in the driveway and move the shifter handle and watch the visual knock detector move around. As for loosing MPH, look at my sig and tell me I'm loosing anything in the area of MPH??? Thanks for the input!

Thats like banging the tranny tunnel and having the knock detector go off..Check your knock sensor for proper tightening and good solid connections..

I dunno on my car..I was running 110-112 with the stock turbo/setup and as soon as the tranny brake went into the transmission..I dropped to 107-109..I took my valve body down 5 times..rechecked everything..still to no avail..Maybe it was mis manufactured..or incompatible with the TTF valve body..or incompatible with the ArtCarr shift kit..either way..No problems now..

You car is running what it should with a TE44 and a stretch IC..

Mine with only a turbo upgrade is running over 115 at 23-24 lbs..

And I have the stock shifter :)