5660 fronts/CC651 rear springs

fullahotair

I am planning on buying this spring combo for my GN (5660 in the front, and CC651 in the rear).

I know a lot of people are running this combo, so does anyone have any pics to show me the stance their car has with this combo?

anyone have any complaints with this combo?

Thanks,
Nathyn

Here you go:

DCP_1526.JPG

Thanks for the pics fellows...both cars look real good. Are you guys pleased with results? Would you pick that spring combo again?

Thanks guys, i appreciate the pics...

Nathyn

Originally posted by fullahotair
Thanks for the pics fellows...both cars look real good. Are you guys pleased with results? Would you pick that spring combo again?

Thanks guys, i appreciate the pics...

Nathyn

In a heartbeat. Its CHEAP, and very effective.

Here's a pic of the car negotiating a slalom at about 50 mph. Note the body roll. That's on the 5660/CC651s and stock swaybars.

20040418-0290.jpg

Strad....

Although the springs didn't change the height of the Turbo6's car, you may find different results in your car based on how wore out your old springs are... just wanted to mention that, in case you overlooked it...

Nathyn

Mine are pretty worn out I was looking for a cheaper way to get the stace you get from a set of Eibach.

Good question, i wonder if anyone who knows will chime in. I guess you could look at the pages listed on the monte boards an see which springs are supposed to drop how much and go from there.

Nathyn

Originally posted by Strahd_Zarovich
I have tried to read that chart and do not understand it. I guess I just get lost looking at it.

If its the chart I think you're looking at, the important columns if you're wanting a certain ride height are the free height and loaded height columns.

The free height is how tall the spring is with no load.
The loaded height is how tall the spring is with the load for the specific application on it. In the case of the 5660, that's the weight of the front end of a V6 powered S10 pickup truck.

If you just want to lower the car, you can get the OEM replacement springs (forget the model number, they're the 420lb/in ones) and have a competent machine shop lop a coil off.

If your springs are worn out, the 5660s will raise the car back to stock height, maybe up to 1" lower. Mine went right back to where it started, I checked with a tape measure.