5X Worlds Strongest Man Fought In MMA Yesterday.

sleepingbuick

Apparently he's boxed for 7 years ...World's Strongest Man Competitor Mariusz Pudzianowski

Mariusz Pudzianowski has been involved in strength sports since the December of 1990. At the young age of 16, he

entered his first national bench press competition and managed to press 160kg (353lb). Two years later, Mariusz

joined the four-wheel club with a 205kg (452lb) lift. His domination of the Polish Championships in the four years

that he entered would be the beginning of a pattern of victories that would lead him to become the Word's Strongest

Man in 2002.

Aside from being a world-class strength athlete, Mariusz maintains and constantly improves his agility,

conditioning, and general physical preparedness through other athletic endeavors. He is an exponent of Kyokushin

karate (fourth kyu), which he has been practicing since the age of 11. He was also a competitive boxer for seven

years, three of which were spent in the Kosedowski League. On May 1, 1999, Mariusz entered his first Strongman

competition, which was held in Plock, Poland. Mariusz is a favorite every Strongman competition he enters, having

been defeated only twice in Poland through 2002, and his worst placing being a respectable second.

Strong Man's World Records held by Mariusz Pudzianowski:

- The clock
- The parallel stairs (carrying 3 weight on the stairs)
- The walk of lumberman (carrying of 180kg heavy block)
- Over - rolling of tire (8 turns)
- Run with suitcases of 125kg each
- The walk of farmer
- Combined competition (embarking of sacks and run with an anvil)

The measurements of Mariusz Pudzianowski:

Pudzianowski- Biceps 56 cm
- Nape 54 cm
- Waist 92 cm
- Thigh 80 cm
- Weight 132 kg
- Height 186 cm
- Chest 148 cm
- Forearm 45 cm

Own records:

- Bench Press 275 kg
- Squat 360 kg
- Deadlift 395 kg

mariusz-pudzianowski1.jpg

mariusz-pudzianowski-33767.jpg

YouTube - Mariusz Pudzian Pudzianowski - Marcin El Testosteron Najman

He kicked the snot out of that guy:eek: That is one big mofo:D

I like to powerlift and I supplement my workouts using strange objects also. Kegs, sandbags, etc.. That being said I have been following the WSM competitions for years. People have no clue what it takes to do these lifts. Lifting in the gym alone with bars will not get you to a true level of core strength like the odd lifts that these guys do. Mariusz is the real deal. This guy is an animal. He has completely dominated this sport in the few years. His total core strength is astounding. It is no surprise that he can whoop anyone who he stands in front of.

I work for Polish people our IT computer guy is named Mariusz, now I know how to speel it. LOL :biggrin:

Luckily, they are not mutoid human beings. :eek: :p

I like to powerlift and I supplement my workouts using strange objects also. Kegs, sandbags, etc.. That being said I have been following the WSM competitions for years. People have no clue what it takes to do these lifts. Lifting in the gym alone with bars will not get you to a true level of core strength like the odd lifts that these guys do. Mariusz is the real deal. This guy is an animal. He has completely dominated this sport in the few years. His total core strength is astounding. It is no surprise that he can whoop anyone who he stands in front of.

If you ever come to CT let me know. We have all these implements available to train with. Atlas stones up to 555lbs, various farmers walking implements, tires up to 1200lbs, yokes, logs in various diameters, thick handle dumbbells, jump stretch platforms for dl'ing with bands, lots of bands and chains and just about everything you could think of. Id like to see Mariusz punch the chit out of Lesnar myself.

Brett,

People have made that connection before.
I wish Mirko was half this aggressive these days...:(:confused::mad:
Mirko is still one of my favorite fighters of all time. I just love watching him deliver those brutal kicks to the mid section causing foot prints to be left on opponents rib cages...lol That just never gets old to watch cause it makes fighters really have to change their style to avoid those punishing blows.

I think his best fighting days are certainly behind him but to me he is like Tyson as far as entertainment. Tyson may never win another fight again as long as he lives (and his best days are obviously behind him as well) but if he is on the ticket im gonna pay to watch, just as I would with Crocop.

No one pounched like Tyson and no one kicks like Crocop.

If you ever come to CT let me know. We have all these implements available to train with. Atlas stones up to 555lbs, various farmers walking implements, tires up to 1200lbs, yokes, logs in various diameters, thick handle dumbbells, jump stretch platforms for dl'ing with bands, lots of bands and chains and just about everything you could think of. Id like to see Mariusz punch the chit out of Lesnar myself.

They have a used tire shop here in Lafayette with some gigantic tires. The only problem is I no way to get the tire to my workout area or where to store it once I get it there.:mad:

Id like to see Mariusz punch the chit out of Lesnar myself.
I'd like to see that as well. He has too much of the gay WWE propoganda crap in him. Lesnar no class and is just a big bafoon imo.

I'd like to see that as well. He has too much of the gay WWE propoganda crap in him. Lesnar no class and is just a big bafoon imo.

I am not sure that he will even come back from his illness.
He already made his money in entertainment and I think
his brief stink in the UFC he has proved to himself that he is still a world class
athlete. I am not sure what his motivation would be?
I still would like to see him fight someone that could hurt him standing up.
Have we really seen Brock take a shot yet?

I am not sure that he will even come back from his illness.
He already made his money in entertainment and I think
his brief stink in the UFC he has proved to himself that he is still a world class
athlete. I am not sure what his motivation would be?
I still would like to see him fight someone that could hurt him standing up.
Have we really seen Brock take a shot yet?
World competitive yes. World CLASS no!

Fighters like Penn, St. Pierre, Machida, etc... bring CLASS to this sport. Lesnar does not. Ur right tho, he probably won't return. No loss there.....:rolleyes:

You're right. People have no idea how strong these guys really are. Going back 27 years when I was powerlifting seriously and my wifes friend had a son (Chris Costalano) a few years younger than me. He won the NCAA powerlift and the powerlift world games in Europe each two years in a row in the 192 weight class (he was 5'7"). His bench was 570, his squat was 775 and his deadlift was 810 (I still have a powerlift magazine with him on the cover breaking a world record deadlift). He also wrestled in high school and college winning a NCAA collegiate wrestling championship. Kid was quick too. Him and his workout buddies used to pick up all sorts of heavy odd shaped items. He said it was to learn balance and coordination.

Well, one night in Orlando picking up my wife from where she worked at Church Street Station these three morons come out of a bar. One walks up to Chris, pokes him in the chest saying "you as tough as you look" and picks a fight with him. Chris picked them up one at a time and threw them over an 8 foot fence into a parking lot. It was hilarious as a crowd watched him in absolute silence and amazement. He effortlessly just straight armed two of them one at a time over his head and tossed them like he was doing tricep reps. As he grabs the third guy this poor SOB says "I'm sorry man I don't want any part of this" and Chris puts him down ever so gently.

Those guys are just so insanely strong.

Mikey

World competitive yes. World CLASS no!

Fighters like Penn, St. Pierre, Machida, etc... bring CLASS to this sport. Lesnar does not. Ur right tho, he probably won't return. No loss there.....:rolleyes:

I am going to respectfully disagree Brett. As might as I dislike him, he trained his ass off. He is too big for Mir and even Fedor. If healthy, he would throw both of them around like rag dolls. It's not a secret that no one wanted to fight him when he was healthy.

He knows enough to not protect his face and gosh forbid he grabs you and pin you against the cage. He will hold you on the ground like a bulldog and eat you! :eek:

He is too big for Mir and even Fedor. If healthy, he would throw both of them around like rag dolls.

Fedor has already fought guys bigger than Lesnar and had no problem beating them so if you think Lesnar would throw him around like a rag doll I'd venture to say you'd be surprised and as far as Mir don't forget he already beat Lesnar once before. I'm not saying that Lesnar wouldn't be a challenge for Fedor, but I seriously doubt "if" Lesnar managed to beat Fedor it would be an easy fight! Nobody has tested Lesnar's chin and when or if that day comes it will be interesting to see!

Fedor has already fought guys bigger than Lesnar and had no problem beating them so if you think Lesnar would throw him around like a rag doll I'd venture to say you'd be surprised and as far as Mir don't forget he already beat Lesnar once before. I'm not saying that Lesnar wouldn't be a challenge for Fedor, but I seriously doubt "if" Lesnar managed to beat Fedor it would be an easy fight! Nobody has tested Lesnar's chin and when or if that day comes it will be interesting to see!

I do think it would be easy by no means. Lesnar knows how to protect his chin very well. He has great takedown defense and he doesn't get tired.

He is at a much higher level now than when he fought Mir the first time. Second time was different. Brock held him down controlling his hips, switches and sweep attempts and POUNDED him. I think he would use this method to beat many of the top fighters.