6.1 parts

skidman

3 turbos,no money
I am half way,money-wise to 6.1 conversion for my 87 GN. My question is: What if I buy what I can now and the car wont be drivable, (Mi weather) until March or April what kind of warranty/quality does a Scanmaster/wideband have sitting until spring? No disrespect to any vender/manufacturer intended, but I never had very good "luck". Should I wait to buy when I can afford to order all same day/in the spring?Mark.

In my experience, the vendors understand that parts bought sometimes dont get installed or run for a few months. Better yet, ask the vendor when you call to inquire about the part/s.

I am half way,money-wise to 6.1 conversion for my 87 GN. My question is: What if I buy what I can now and the car wont be drivable, (Mi weather) until March or April what kind of warranty/quality does a Scanmaster/wideband have sitting until spring? No disrespect to any vender/manufacturer intended, but I never had very good "luck". Should I wait to buy when I can afford to order all same day/in the spring?Mark.
The Scanmaster don't work on a 6.1 motor that will be a waste of money.

What I meant by 6.1 was the TT 6.1 wideband/self adjusting chip set-up. Not a 6.1 liter engine. Mark.

Here's how I learned my lesson... Gor a regal in lets say 09, need all fillers and complete rebuild. Motor was ready to go in so one time I went to Kirban's I decided since I have the money Ill buy now. Fast forward to now and spoolfool sell's beautiful one piece fillers. My advice is to just wait until your ready to install before your buy because you can always buy and sell the part to make up most of your money. When an updated or better version is available, your screwed.