-6 AN line difficulties

Chevman2448

Not sure if this is the right place but...Are AN lines that difficult to assemble? I bought a -8 feed line and everything went right together. THis -6 line has been a royal pita. Put the brass piece in there so the the inner PTFE line was flush and slid the fitting into the line. I went to slide the nut up and over the brass crush sleeve and the nut wont even go over the crush sleeve?

2014-06-19_21-06-42_128_zpsb7bfe225.jpg

Keep trying, it will go. I had the same problems on my -8, my -10 was easy. If you need to cut some of the wires around the brass sleeve

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Thanks for the reassurance. I didnt want to weaken the hoses structural integrity at the end but at this point Ill try it. I guess I should have bought the pre-made piece and been done with it.

I put the olive, [the brass sleeve], onto the hose. I put a nut that will fit inside the hose nut against the olive. I then put this against the edge of the work bench, grip the hose nut, and shove it over the olive so there's enuf of the hose nut threads showing, to get the fitting started.
This keeps the olive seated, allows easier assy.
If the hose has a cover on it, such as Fragola offers, I trim that cover back about 3/16". [Razor knife and it'll peel right off.] This allows the hose nut to slide up much easier.

Yes the hose is the same brand as the fitting and it has a covering on it. I just figured I wouldnt have to cut anything off since the -8 line was easy to do. Cut it to length, install the fitting and brass piece and it was done. Slid right together without oil or anything on it.

So I thought I got one part started. Well not so much. I ended up stripping the thread completely off one of my fittings.

There is something wrong with these fittings. The nuts should slide right on by hand without issue.

Last edited:
That isnt what the ends should look like. The nut (or what ever you call it) should slide right over the hose end.

Update: Emailed the company and they refunded me what I paid for the hose and didnt request that I send the hose back to them. They wanted to send me a replacement hose that was uncovered. I thought about it but even after I scraped the covering off, the ends still wouldn't work. So it was the fittings themselves. I ordered a new PTFE line that comes pre-assembled from anfittings.com. No hassles this way. Put it under the car, zip tie it and call it good. Should have done that from the start. Lesson learned.