6776 Ball bearing turbo report

galoush

HWY2HELL
Just wanted to report i replaced the 70GTQ .85 housing with a 6776BB with .63 housing (See post 70Gtq vs. 6776 for detailed pics ) and the car is actually FUN to drive again :D , my conv is around 3200 and it spools really nicely off the gas no break boosting, boost was at at 18-19psi for all testing . launching at 15 psi off the transbreak resulted in hard tire melting spinning in all gears the 400 has to offer , but it spunem all anyway with out the break . Anyone thinking about getting this Turbo you will be pleased with its performance and enjoy its street friendly fun factor , the 70GTQ was a hard charger just not so good getting to the charging part . When i got home and shut off the car i could hear the wheel spinning for a long time just off the idle . Driving was like on ice (Well it is 37 degress here in NY ) and it was a challange to keep it out of the trees . I cant wait to see higher boost with this one , i could always juice it too if that gets boring .

Glad you like it. I agree with you about keeping it on the road. Anything under 40 mph and it feels like I hit an oil slick.:eek: :cool:

This turbo spools stupid fast......

Just wanted to report i replaced the 70GTQ .85 housing with a 6776BB with .63 housing (See post 70Gtq vs. 6776 for detailed pics ) and the car is actually FUN to drive again :D , my conv is around 3200 and it spools really nicely off the gas no break boosting, boost was at at 18-19psi for all testing . launching at 15 psi off the transbreak resulted in hard tire melting spinning in all gears the 400 has to offer , but it spunem all anyway with out the break . Anyone thinking about getting this Turbo you will be pleased with its performance and enjoy its street friendly fun factor , the 70GTQ was a hard charger just not so good getting to the charging part . When i got home and shut off the car i could hear the wheel spinning for a long time just off the idle . Driving was like on ice (Well it is 37 degress here in NY ) and it was a challange to keep it out of the trees . I cant wait to see higher boost with this one , i could always juice it too if that gets boring .

So why not keep the 70 and go with a higher stall?

70GTQ is a non BB turbo with .85 , either i put another conv in . Apx $900 and hope it was satisfactory to my liking or buy the 6776 New (Off the parts section ) with extras for $1200 and hopefull sell my 70GTQ for around $800 . I think with a higher stall it still woulnd not have the characteristics of the 6776 BB with the .63 . Plus the higher stall crusing around even with limited use is going to build up more heat.

6776 Ball bearing turbo - Sounds like my Black car needs this turbo ;) Good street manners and big enough to throw the crank out :biggrin:
It was my understanding that this turbo spools like the stocker

Now you need to test it with a .85 vs the .63 and tell us how you like/dis-like it. :D

K.

better yet ill test it with the Nitrous guys 4 years ago told me was BAD , i just dont listen :D

Now you need to test it with a .85 vs the .63
and tell us how you like/dis-like it. :D

K.

No seat-of-the-pants difference
at all between the 2 with this turbo.

Only the Chrondeks would tell if the
extreme top-end mph improved a "tad"
with the .85 (as expected) or not.

Have not seen this but my new 6776 has a 72 A/R
never been on a motor got it off the board
anybody else have one?