6776 BB surge

Raced this past weekend, freakin badass turbo!!!!
Definately will have to port the wastegate hole on the turbo.
From what I understand, the turbo comes with the hole unported (small hole) to work with any DP (even with the stocker I would assume). So, this coming week I'll get the porting done and post back on the outcome.

By the way, spool up was insane, foot braking off the line and it was an instant 30 lbs. Got a 1.6 60ft. foot braking from about 2,000 rpm launch.

Raced this past weekend, freakin badass turbo!!!!
Definately will have to port the wastegate hole on the turbo.
From what I understand, the turbo comes with the hole unported (small hole) to work with any DP (even with the stocker I would assume). So, this coming week I'll get the porting done and post back on the outcome.

By the way, spool up was insane, foot braking off the line and it was an instant 30 lbs. Got a 1.6 60ft. foot braking from about 2,000 rpm launch.

Yeah Baby. "THE" 10 sec turbo strikes again!

here is a perfect picture of what an internal waste gate looks like.. notce the puck that covers the wastegate hole? sometimes on a big turbo you need to port out the waste gate hole on the turbo, so you dont have boost creep..
5INdp_002sm.jpg

and here is a external waste gate.. notice no puck covering the hole on the turbo

K an external wastegate looks like a blow off valve. if I got a blow off valve to i still keep the puck on my THDP?

Yes you still need a wastegate puck when using a blowoff valve. A wastegate is there to bypass exhaust gases, and blowoff valve deals with intake air. Two different things.

I have a 6776RS with a 4"in/ 3"out with a HD actuator and connected to a stock downpipe. I run a BsTc inside the car and with everything set at minimum, my base boost is 15lbs. The "snort" when I decelerate from boost is about half as loud as the TA-49 this turbo replaced. This turbo has the "ported" inlet that is supposed to reduce that noise/pressure if I understand correctly and possibly the difference in 20lbs. boost with 49 vs. 15lbs with the 67 may be a factor also.
I haven't run higher boost yet because I'm still working on other issues with timing and fuel, but my point is, it drives just fine with the bigger turbo and smallest downpipe/puck setup. I know it will just get better as I add better breathing with a proper downpipe, all attached to the 4.1 I am starting to build.:D Then.......we'll release Mr. Hyde!!
MLH

What other mods do u have?

girdled 109
front mount
72 inj
3-1/2" dp
normal TR stuff
BUT, what kept the motor together this past weekend was the XFI. Thanks to DiscoStu (John) and Cal H., we de-tuned it for the high boost situation I was running into.

Lost to a low 10 sec ford, but was pumped to break into the 10s!