6x9 install

Ryan

CEO/Founder Nakslist.com
Will any adapter and 6x9 fit in the trunk.......these 4x10 are pretty weak.

No You need smaller magnets because of the bars. I got a set of Focals that would not fit but pioneers, kenwoods and sonys would.
there are tension bars that keep them from working.

You will need 6x9 to 4x10 adapters to make them fit.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I've had adapter on some of my old cars. Never had to search for one myself. I see the adapters on ebay for $10. Are they all the same. Are there some models numbers or magnet measurements I can use to search for a 6x9?

I used Mono fishing leader that I use for shark fising to secure mine. I just tied a slip and used my leader clamps. It is invisible and works great, has held up since 2011 and best of all, free.

What about the size of the magnet? Know that is a factor. Adapter plus speaker. Anyone have a measurement? I can get a ball park....but will the torsion bars move when I close the trunk?.......move in the wrong way.....

If I remember correctly, I had to jam the driver side speaker between the deck and torsion bar due to the magnet being too low. However this did not compromise my speaker in any way. I would just say get whatever speakers you want and make them work. I went with some kenwoods and they sound alright, not great but alright. I think the adapters are a waste of money when you can make something yourself like i did or use coated hanging cable from home depot. Too easy.