7.95 @ 85.3

QWIKWE4

R/T .147:eek:
60' 1.73
330' 5.079
660' 7.95
mph 85.31

stock block, stock heads, stock injectors, Walbro 340, Accufab FPR, Accufab 70mm Throttle Body, stock maf, FMIC, 18psi, 3in THDP, 3in test pipe, 2 1/2in ATR exhaust w/pitbull mufflers, HR Parts rear sway bar, no front sway bar, stock turbo, 3000 stall vigilante, shift kit, 26x9 Hoosier Slicks, hotwire kit,
TT chip, 100 octane unleaded no alky.

Does anybody think there is still more to get out of my setup? I was thinking of what I should upgrade next. What I was thinking about was the MafT Pro w/ the speed density setup to fine tune and getting rid of the maf. Will I see a noticeable performance increase with this and my setup? Kind of wanted to stay away from the alky and bigger turbos due to the motor having 150,000+ miles and its somewhat of a daily driver. Honestly I think I can get the car to do high 7.7x maybe even mid 7.7x with the other trans I haveat my shop (200c n/l 3500 stall w/ trans brake) I did 1.60 sixty foots with the cat and stock downpipe with that trans but it sucks on the street. Also I have a small exhaust leak right at the turbo flange. So I think i can run 20 psi as well.

The goal is to run consistant 7.50 in the eighth with stock turbo no alky and maybe stock injectors. I told a guy at my local track who has a supercharged04 GTO running 7.70's all day long I could beat him with stock internals adn turbo and no alky before I pull it and build the bottom half.:biggrin: Hope I didn't stick my foot in my mouth. I hate when that happens

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks.

R/T .147:eek:
60' 1.73
330' 5.079
660' 7.95
mph 85.31

stock block, stock heads, stock injectors, Walbro 340, Accufab FPR, Accufab 70mm Throttle Body, stock maf, FMIC, 18psi, 3in THDP, 3in test pipe, 2 1/2in ATR exhaust w/pitbull mufflers, HR Parts rear sway bar, no front sway bar, stock turbo, 3000 stall vigilante, shift kit, 26x9 Hoosier Slicks, hotwire kit,
TT chip, 100 octane unleaded no alky.

Does anybody think there is still more to get out of my setup? I was thinking of what I should upgrade next. What I was thinking about was the MafT Pro w/ the speed density setup to fine tune and getting rid of the maf. Will I see a noticeable performance increase with this and my setup? Kind of wanted to stay away from the alky and bigger turbos due to the motor having 150,000+ miles and its somewhat of a daily driver. Honestly I think I can get the car to do high 7.7x maybe even mid 7.7x with the other trans I haveat my shop (200c n/l 3500 stall w/ trans brake) I did 1.60 sixty foots with the cat and stock downpipe with that trans but it sucks on the street. Also I have a small exhaust leak right at the turbo flange. So I think i can run 20 psi as well.

The goal is to run consistant 7.50 in the eighth with stock turbo no alky and maybe stock injectors. I told a guy at my local track who has a supercharged04 GTO running 7.70's all day long I could beat him with stock internals adn turbo and no alky before I pull it and build the bottom half.:biggrin: Hope I didn't stick my foot in my mouth. I hate when that happens

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks.

To be perfectly honest; I would have thought you'd be close to some 7.6's with the slicks. For some reason your 60' times are pretty unimpressive with slicks. Was the track slick? With those slicks you should be pulling low low 1.6's.

I just took my 86 to the local 1/8 not too long ago and ripped off a 8.0@85.6 with a 1.8 60' time.
I did this on Firestone Firehawk radials (not stickies, real street tires).
My longblock is bone stock with the following:
PTE44
MSD50's
THDP
ATR 2.5" duals through race magnums
CAS V2 front mount
vigillante 3400
Translator+ and LS1 MAF.

When I was running the car with the 200c and the trans break I was able to cut a 1.60 60'. But I want to use the 200r4 and footbrake because the other trans isn't very street friendly being full manual and all. When I was at the track last the 60' kept getting better each run. I think with a couple more passes I can get into the low 1.60 range off the footbrake. The track was hooking really good I think it was my staging routine. I was only leaving at about 6-8psi. I think my mph is a little low, what do you think? I thought a
7.9x pass should be in the upper 80 mph range. I just fixed my exhaust leak and went for a blast down the freeway and the boost stays put where as before it would drop off in the upper rpm range. I think that will help my mph a lot. Also i'll tune to run 20 psi instead of 18 and I'm hoping i'll be there.

Do you know how fast the stock injectors will take me? Will I be able to run
7.50's in the 1/8 without running to lean. I think thats equivalent to a high 11 sec. quarter mile but I'm not sure.

When I was running the car with the 200c and the trans break I was able to cut a 1.60 60'. But I want to use the 200r4 and footbrake because the other trans isn't very street friendly being full manual and all. When I was at the track last the 60' kept getting better each run. I think with a couple more passes I can get into the low 1.60 range off the footbrake. The track was hooking really good I think it was my staging routine. I was only leaving at about 6-8psi. I think my mph is a little low, what do you think? I thought a
7.9x pass should be in the upper 80 mph range. I just fixed my exhaust leak and went for a blast down the freeway and the boost stays put where as before it would drop off in the upper rpm range. I think that will help my mph a lot. Also i'll tune to run 20 psi instead of 18 and I'm hoping i'll be there.

Do you know how fast the stock injectors will take me? Will I be able to run
7.50's in the 1/8 without running to lean. I think thats equivalent to a high 11 sec. quarter mile but I'm not sure.

Ya, just need to work on your launch routine.

As for stock injectors, well you'll hear some pretty wild "stories" about people claiming deep 11 second runs on them. I have no doubt that there has been a rare instance of such.
But as far as I'm concerned it's far too dangerous to be pusing them that hard. There's no need to. Injectors aren't and a chip aren't exactly bank busters.
I would advise you upgrade.

Thanks TurboDave, I was thinking it might be a little too much to ask for from the stock injectors. I was looking at the bosch 36# injectors. I'm not really concerned about spending the money for new injectors. I just want to get the most out of what i have before i upgrade. I'm kind of learning as i go. The last thing I want to do is a bunch of upgrades on a poorly tuned setup. But I think my tune is just about perfect for what i have except for the exhaust leak.

Thanks TurboDave, I was thinking it might be a little too much to ask for from the stock injectors. I was looking at the bosch 36# injectors. I'm not really concerned about spending the money for new injectors. I just want to get the most out of what i have before i upgrade. I'm kind of learning as i go. The last thing I want to do is a bunch of upgrades on a poorly tuned setup. But I think my tune is just about perfect for what i have except for the exhaust leak.

IMHO.... don't bother with 36# injectors unless someone gives them to you.... if you are going to shell out $$ for injectors go ahead and get the 60# motrons from someplace like Fullthrottle. You won't regret it. Get you an Eric Marshall chip to match.

Hth

I've ran the 7.7s you are shooting for, so I hope I can help. I wish I had kept that car:cool:
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/dr...100580-new-best-et-7-78-87-9-stock-setup.html

Shoot for 20 to 21 psi like you mentioned. Yes, the exhaust leak was hurting that, it is fixed, good. I ran 110 on a $25 Thrasher 100 chip, before TT, but you have a good chip:wink:

I wouldn't worry about your 60' except to launch at whatever boost you feel like, or the convertor will do. Try to let it go when the convertor flashes. The reason others have better sixty foots, and yours is fine, is that they have bigger turbos, and more power, to create a better sixty foot.

I would keep it simple on the tuning, stick with the TT, and not go with the fancy stuff for a stock car. I used EGT which helped, and just a scanmaster. If you want to datalog with a direct scan, that might help to fine tune your adjustable TT chip.

I was methodical and worked on improving air flow. I did get the TB/Plenum ported, and ported the stock exhaust elbow myself, and ran a homemade 3" downpipe that got rid of the stock exhaust donut restriction. You have a THDP, but I am just pointing out what I think works, having a better "air pump". Run with an open dump, if you don't already. With the extra boost you have now with the exhaust leak fixed, you should see some results.

I wouldn't change parts on the car unless necessary. I would only make minor changes, ONE AT A TIME, when I was running that stock setup. Have fun with that car, that's a fast street car by any standard, and keep it simple;)

Everyone tells me to go with the 60's if I get injectors. A friend has them on his 87 GN and his 98 GTP and he tells me their awesome. I might have to get the 60's when I decide to upgrade.

Won't be able to get back to the track until next week but I really appreciate the input. Hopefully I can get a good launch routine down and not have any more exhaust leaks.

Does anyone know, on the TT chips, if I set my WOT fuel higher how can I tell when I run out of injector? Right now at 18psi the blm's for the WOT fuel is at 136 with no knock but the 02' are about 720-740 at the top of the track which sounds pretty lean. So if I set the setting all the way to 150 and the 02's don't read any richer is that a pretty good sign the injectors are done?

With the front mount i would try running the boost up to 23-24 and see if it picks up any. With a dutt necked stocker i was making power up to 21-22 psi. Any more i was blowing hot air. The fmic has a much more efficient core and less pressure drop so 23-24 should work a little better. Also 26-28 degrees advance with some C16 and you should be able to get into the 90 mph range if you get some good air. You will need more injector though. Im curious as to the advantage running a 200C vs. the 200-4R. Its significantly lighter and has way less rotating mass inside. Do you have any actual comparisons?

The 200-c is just an experiment. My pops was running it in his car as an experiment but it just wont hold up to 1000hp. Kept the snapping the pump stator after about 2-3 passes. The stator is cast which = weak and there does not seem to be an upgrade for that so I was just using it in my car to see how much power it will hold up to just for the heck of it. It worked perfect. Although driving on the freeway at 3000 rpm is not really fun. The track performance was flawless. I plan on getting a really consistant tune on my car with the 200r4 and then without changing anything else change it back to the 200-c and compare. But I want to gets some more horsepower to see if it will hold. Last time i used it i ran an 8.04 at 82 mph. That was through a questionable cat and stock dp. And I had a 1.60 60' with one tire barely off the the ground:eek: I think the rotating efficiency is alot higher too the 200-c output shaft almost spins by itself. That pass was at 18 psi as well but when I switched back to the 200r4 I came across a dp and installed it and have yet to find time to return to the track to tune a little more