# 7 Body Bolt

Mightysix

I replaced my body bushings over the weekend, WOW what a differance, but i cannot get the number 7 bolt to budge. I tried using PB blaster and still nothing... I noticed that if i put too much pressure on the wrench, the frame moves a little. Anyone have this problem?? I dont want to break anything. Need to get this one done. I'm sick of listening to the bolt bounce up and down...

Thanks, Mke

Have you attempted to use an impact gun on this bolt yet? Hand-bombing these things can be a PITA and lead to snapped bolts no question, but an impact gun should ease it out w/o breaking.
HTH
Jim

I havent tried an impact wrench yet. I'm afraid it will break the bolt. Plus the bending(moving) of the frame is concerning me.

Any other ideas.... Suggestions maybe....

Originally posted by Mightysix
I havent tried an impact wrench yet. I'm afraid it will break the bolt. Plus the bending(moving) of the frame is concerning me.

Any other ideas.... Suggestions maybe....

You have three options:
1. Impact
2. Breaker Bar
3. Drill it

Have fun.

Well, I'm going for the breaker bar.. If it breaks..... I will get the drill out.

Thanks, Mike

Someone posted on another thread about trying to tighten the bolt just a little, first. This will break the bolt loose and then make it easier to remove.

David
87GN

I tried that already. No luck. What a pain in the a$$. Last bushing left. I'm on a mission. Hopefullt this weekend.

Mike

I vote for the impact wrench. It may break the bolt loose, without stripping out the hole in the frame. The breaker bar is just going to make it easier to damage the frame. If you can't get an impact wrench, and don't have a "slugging" wrench, borrow a box end from a neighbor, and then whack the ^(^(*&n out of it with a hammer. (Never do that to your own tools!)

LOL.... I'm going to try impact gun one more time and then if that doesnt work I will try to heat it with a torch:D

Thanks Again, Mike