7 second Buick T-Type build!

Bobby has more than one race car. Category 6 should be at Noble next weekend. Both cars were originally built by Lawrence Connely.

made some progress today. Ended up working pretty late and was ready to head home and eat so I didnt get all the pictures i wanted to. Ill get some more good ones tomorrow.

got the turbo all assembled today. One sexy peice!

picture.php

picture.php

Got the turbo Mount all fabbed up. goes from the head to the turbo flange. Ill get some pics of it tommorrow. The 47-88 is all mocked up now and ready to start building around it. We also spent some time today cutting up and changing the intake manifold. Got it all done just needs some final welding.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

you can see the old boost ties in the last pic on the throttle body. it will be replaced by vibrant quick release boost braces on all coupled joints

we checked it all tonight. The intake manifold itself clears fine and we have about 1.5'' above the highest point on the previous boost tie. we plan on mounting two new ones on 10 & 2 on the throttle body and removing the old one from the top so we should have plenty of room!

Looks great! You guys have been busy. I shipped you the EGT probes and coil brackets out 2nd Day. Have Rob call me if he has any more questions.

Good deal! I spent some time this morning getting a list together and ordering every last thing we need to finish it. should all be here by wednesday evening hopefully. Intercooler core should be here tomorrow and i can get the end tanks fabbed up and that done and mounted.

Bobby has more than one race car. Category 6 should be at Noble next weekend. Both cars were originally built by Lawrence Connely.

I guess Category 6 is the only one I have seen (last year at Noble). Glad he is going back, he's a cool guy and that car is just awesome :eek::eek::eek:

the drivers side header is completely done as far as layout goes and it's tacked up, just needs final welded.

picture.php

picture.php

Passenger side header is almost done.

picture.php

The intake manifold is completely welded up and finished. ready for re-install.

picture.php

We've decided to go ahead and get rid of all the stock type rubber coolant hoses and worm clamps on the car and replace them all with Aeroquip braided SS lines and black hose ends

Heres the radiator and water pump with the stock slip on outlets cut off and ready for the -16 male bungs to be welded on. all the bungs, lines and fittings will be here tomorrow from Summit.

picture.php

What kind of chassis/suspension setup and bracing do you have to to to get the power to the ground?10.5w ?

Got a bunch of parts in today and more work done.

Got the TiAL 50mm Q bov in black in. nice peice!

picture.php

picture.php

Badass aluminum race muffler

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Got all the -16 bungs in today along with the aeroquip black anodized hose ends and stainless braided line

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

the lines are made on one end gonna wait till the turbo kits all done to get the hoses routed exactly like we want

Our HUGE garret intercooler core finally arrived today 28x13x5

picture.php

picture.php

getting it mocked up, got the supprt brackets all made and hung nice and level this obviously isnt quite perfect, just checking fit

picture.php

Found this 3 year old thread while searching for something else, did this car ever get finished?