700 R filter fit

belsie

Can the 700 R bottom feed style filter be used with a stock pan? Doing a good refresh and thought the upgrade made sense..........knowing a deeper pan has it's advantages will the stock pan clear & allow a good result?

Nick's deep alum pan on my car required the tabs in the bottom of the pan to be removed, in order to use the 700 filter.

Can the 700 R bottom feed style filter be used with a stock pan? Doing a good refresh and thought the upgrade made sense..........knowing a deeper pan has it's advantages will the stock pan clear & allow a good result?
It will fit, very very tight though. You will need to squeeze it, but this has been done successfully since the early 90's. Some simple mods will be needed to accomplish the install. I install the stock filter to 10.50 ish. There are exceptions. From what I see in your sig, a stock filter with a screen will be fine for you. With highly modded transmissions and cars with 1.5 or faster 60', I install/recommend the Hughes pan with the 700-R4 filter. The deeper pan is always a good option for the added fluid for better cooling. Remember to always overfill the trans.

I tried it a couple years ago while doing a fluid/filter change. Insulated the pressure switch wire that ends up touching the metal filter and shorting it like I read. Put the pan up and it would not fit. The filter was too thick between the valve body and pan. Obviously some have made it work, so maybe different manufacturers have different shapes for the filter.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Nick's deep alum pan on my car required the tabs in the bottom of the pan to be removed, in order to use the 700 filter.

Yup, at the very least the rear two tabs must be removed. MIne's been working flawlessly for better than 20 years.

Thanks gentlemen, I will probably stay with the 200 filter for now and when I get to low 11s I will change it right after the celebration ceremonies..................(y)

Not the ideal situation but for us on a budget that doesn't include a deep pan, well, we do what we can with what we have. As above, it is tight and you need to do something about the vb switch. Is it right on the bottom of the pan, well, yes it is. Could it pick up the "crudge" on the bottom of the pan? It might but you are changing the fluid pretty regularly, right?

Some heat shrink for the switch connector

I bent the black retainer piece around to keep the filter where i think it could stay.

Not a recommendation or endorsement, just the one I used.