700r4 to a 200r4

91Bird305

Thinking about swapping transmissions and going with a 200r4 instead.

My question is the size. Are they a lot smaller then the 700r4? If so, I imagine I'm going to have to change my torque arm and recut my driveshaft. Any recommendations for torque arms? I have a spohn in there right now but not sure it will work with this 200r4. The driveshaft is a dynotech.

Going with a trans-brake also. No one (that i can find) makes a tbrake for a 700r4.

Thanks.

The 200 is shorter and the mount is further back. Your going to need a longer driveshaft.

Thinking about swapping transmissions and going with a 200r4 instead.

My question is the size. Are they a lot smaller then the 700r4? If so, I imagine I'm going to have to change my torque arm and recut my driveshaft. Any recommendations for torque arms? I have a spohn in there right now but not sure it will work with this 200r4. The driveshaft is a dynotech.

Going with a trans-brake also. No one (that i can find) makes a tbrake for a 700r4.

Thanks.

You are going to need a 3in longer driveshaft. a different crossmember, as well as the dipstick and tube, and a new converter.:)

You are going to need a 3in longer driveshaft. a different crossmember, as well as the dipstick and tube, and a new converter.:)

Yeah, obviously a new TC. :D

Cool, thanks for the help on the info. I was worried I was going to have to find a parted out 89 TTA, but luckily Spohn makes a crossmember for it (Spohn Performance :: 1982 - 1992 GM F-Body >> Transmissions & Accessories >> Transmission Swap Crossmembers >> 200-4R Transmission Crossmember) So I lucked out there.

I think I will just reorder the driveshaft from Dynotech or Shaft Masters. Sell the 700r4, TC, and Dynotech driveshaft from my old setup as a package deal. It all works great, but I just want to go a different route with the trans.

Thanks again for the help.