'78 Regal for sale!!!!

By-Tor

1978 Buick Regal SportCoupe for sale.
It has almost 89,000 miles.

The reason I am selling this car is because I either blew a crank or a piston. The car still runs but not very well.
I hate to sell it but this car has become trouble some for me and I haven't the patience to keep fixing new problems every two weeks.

PM me with an offer or questions.

Attachments

• IMG_0926.jpg
    IMG_0926.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 683
  • IMG_0927.jpg
    IMG_0927.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 687
Oh ya, I forgot about that. Sorry.
What do I need? Someone to buy it. I just can handle all the little problems that spring up. Plus I need a car that is better overall. The beast is a real pain in the winter!
If you wanna buy from me please make me an offer.

got any way of bringing it up here or do I have to arrange that?
Any flood damage from all the water there?

There was no flooding in my neighborhood.
I don't know how exactly how I blew the crank. But it started with my PS belt being loose(It just became loose one day.). I couldn't figure how to tighten it, so I took to a shop. There I was told the crank blew. I think the belt being loose is because of the broken crank but I could be wrong, and I thought of the piston because I was brainstorming what could of happen. The car still runs, I haven't started in awhile though. It makes a clunky sound when on.

I have no idea how to transport the car anywhere. I have never sold a car to someone outside of Cedar Rapids before.

If you want to make sure that I don't live near the flood area, just PM me for my address and then use a online map to find where I live.

50 bucks? 30 bucks? 10,000 bucks? PM me with what you got into it, what's been done, and what else needs done. Between me and my buddy we should be able to arrange transport for it.

some underhood pics and interior pics would be nice along with a trunk pic. How much rust underneath? how's the frame? Bumpers? does it have aluminum bumper supports or any cool options like that?

I know my car isn't worth 2500 in its current state, nor am I asking for is perceived value.
How much can a broken crank/piston devalue a car?

A rebuild+possible crank and maybe even a head if the piston come in contact with it. Uncut cranks usually go for 300. Rebuild kit with machine work-Probably close to 1k after tracking down gaskets and miscellaneous items that need replaced and refurbished. I did mine cheap and still ended up at 1500 after it was said and done and that was without having the heads redone that I bought. That was with me doing all the assembly. And if one of the heads is bad and can't find a 78 head, one would have to buy newer heads and get a 79 intake. I'm not saying give the car away for scrap, but they aren't a hot commodity. THere was a really nice 85 regal with carbed turbo, t wheels and I think came with extra slicks, exhaust and a bunch of other upgrades and I think it sold for like 2200 bucks. They bring a little more than n/a cars, but not much. You've seemed to have a lot of trouble with this car from the get go. How did you manage to blow a crank/piston on a car that has probably never been beat on????

work with me, I'll give it a new home:biggrin: And if I don't my friend will:) And guess who will end up wrenching it:rolleyes: It will be safe from the circle tracks.

I really think it was age that was the culprit. I don't know much about the metallurgy of the '78 cranks and how strong they were. They prolly got strong when these cars was getting all the power goodies.
Your right a '78 TR or any of the carb'ed TR for that matter aren't that popular.
Again you are right, I would rather have some one take the car that I trust.
Also I have to what is best for me and my situation.

Would One Thousand Dollars be asking too much?
The car also comes with a box of Moog suspension parts(Bushings and rubber stuff).
I will try and get some pictures taken.
Tomorrow is the start of a big event at work, so I will be very busy(No days off for at least a week).

Couldn't really tell ya if it is or not. Here's a fair example: I bought my 79 sport coupe for 1500 bucks. Had the aluminum support, all original rubber mats including trunk mat and original unused jack and spare. Pretty rare and desireable 2 tone black and silver with black interior and car also had limited package. Perfect paint, no major leaks, perfect buick ralleys which still sported original lugnuts:cool: with 2 spares with snow tires mounted, an 8 outta ten interior (headliner was sagging and some wear on the seat from seat belt. Turbo didn't work but was due to a bad actuator. Drove it home. Only thing I did to the car was a new radiator, tune up, some suspension work and bought a reman turbo for 200 bucks. All together had 2k car that drove and ran like new, until the turbo hit a mysterious boost spike one day and blew the headgaskets. Yes I did sell mine for 1k and regret it. Not for selling it for the money just selling it together. Age I don't think was the factor there. If it was those 20yr old stock block buicks with 150k running on the track would be blowing motors left and right. Something was definitely not right with your car or it was maintained poorly. They're worth what someone is willing to pay for it. My offer would probably be insulting but you have to look at it this way: You ever see anyone break even on older cars? Won't be too tough to find a motor but probably won't be close by. Gotta go to work:mad:

I miss my old 78 Sport Coupe that was my 1st car. I'd love to have it, but I don't need any more driveway place holders.
John